Sunday, December 16, 2012

Fear and Faith...

...I don't know about all of you but I can't get the incident in Connecticut out of my mind. I'll be driving down the street or rocking AR or unloading groceries and my eyes fill with tears and my heart aches for the families that lost loved ones. I can't even imagine what those families are going through or how they'll ever recover.

It makes me scared for my sweet AR, for my family, for our world. I remember back in '99 when the word about the shooting in Colorado occurred and that was a rarity but now every time you turn on the news, there's a mass shooting at a school, on a college campus, at the mall, at the movies. Are we safe anywhere??? It makes me want to keep my AR home and shelter her from everything but what kind of life is that?

Sure, you can live in a bubble and be a hermit but at some point, you have to have faith. Faith that there are good people in the world, faith that when you leave your house that you family will come home safely and most of all, faith in God. I believe that God has a plan for each of us and He'll protect my family and me and if it's our time to go then it's our time.

I won't live my life in fear but I will live it in faith of God that He will protect this sweet baby and all of our loved ones.

DSC01008

2 comments :

MamaCassie said...

I couldn't have said it better myself. May those poor children rest in peace.

Hilary said...

I have to tell myself the same thing that everything is God's will & if for some reason he chooses to let tragedy affect one of us that it is in his plan & he'll pull us through. He never gives us more than we can handle.