Sunday, August 3, 2008

You can call me Betty...

...Crocker that is! (Thanks Kristal for that line!). So Matt's mom gave us TWO GIGANTIC zucchinis from her garden. They are about 4 inches in diameter. This picture doesn't do it justice.Matt was going to fry some for dinner but I knew there would be leftovers. So I got on the trusty Internet and searched zucchini recipes. I found some that looked delicious but not so healthy. Then I checked out one for zucchini bread (I know not healthy but I can give it away easier than a casserole). I had all the ingredients except walnuts from when I was on a breadmaking spree when I got friendship bread and couldn't get rid of all the starter bags-wow that was interesting! So I made the batter and popped it in the oven:


It will come out in about 40 minutes and then I will post the picture of the final product! Matt tasted the batter and thought it was delicious! So I'm excited for him to finally taste it. Almost anything else I make, I mess up because I get distracted and walk away from the stove but after all my experience with the friendship bread, I'm pretty sure this will turn out and Matt will love it!


Ta-da! The bread turned out great! One fell apart when I tried to take it out of the pan but Matt didn't care...half is gone already! I'm going to take the other loaf over to Matt's parents since it was their zucchini. As you can see...we still have one left and Matt's asked me to make more bread this week! You can also see Mattie's fried zucchini there. We had a few pieces tonight and we're going to eat the rest with spaghetti for dinner tomorrow night! I love when we're domestic!

No comments :