Friday, April 26, 2013

My Picasso...

...this past Saturday, I decided to try a project with AR that I'd seen on Pinterest. It was simple and I wanted to do it at AR's birthday party. You simply mix flour, water and food coloring and voila-paint that's okay to eat because we all know 1 year olds put everything in their mouth. Apparently, so do dogs. We barely made one stroke on the paper when Shadow started licking the "paint" off the paper.
DSC_2476
And off the paintbrush...
DSC_2486
So then AR decided to taste it...
DSC_2487
And accidentally got some on her foot, too.
DSC_2489
Emma watched on from a distance thinking how cray-cray they were...
DSC_2494
Ta-da! A masterpiece...until Shad licked it off.
DSC_2503
AR decided why not finger paint!
DSC_2508
And mix colors!
DSC_2517
Or better yet, let me just feed it to my doggie...
DSC_2534
Here, Shad, you don't have enough on your head like me...
DSC_2543
There, much better...
DSC_2548
Not sure how this project turned from painting paper to her body but it did!
DSC_2549
Definitely fun and easy project to do although it didn't really stick to the paper much. I would recommend not doing it around a hungry dog, too. Although it was fun, I think we'll pass on this for the birthday party so we'll keep looking for a different activity.

1 comment :

Unknown said...

LOVE the pictures! I literally laughed out loud at the progression of the story. :-) I might have to trythis out with Emma!