Monday, May 18, 2015

My Sweet Girl Turns Three!!!

...As I type this post, three years ago today, we still didn't know for another couple hours if we were having a boy or a girl. Today, I can't imagine life without my daughter! After her birthday party on Saturday, the festivities didn't stop there. We went to dinner that night with Aunt Jo. AR got a free dessert and here she's showing off her duck lips... thanks H.
#ARturns3 dinner and dessert @54thstreet AR led our table in singing Happy Birthday!We were both exhausted after a long day but never too tired for silly faces!
image
Sunday we woke up bright and early to take Nanny to the airport. Then she did an end-of-year-program at her preschool church. THEN we went to Sophie's birthday party for more fun!
Happy 3rd birthday Sophie!!!
After the birthday party in Chesterfield, we drove out to Moscow Mills for Matt's cousin's graduation party then back home for the night. This child was still going strong and Momma was WORE out!
image
Lovin' with our Shadow before she went to bed as two-year-old one more time!
image
Today was her official birthday! I woke the birthday girl up bright and early. She had a yucky nose and felt warm, not to mention super clingy so I was a little worried. I left work to take her to final Time for Twos class at the library but when I got there, she was not sickly at all!
Got to take AR to her last Time for Twos class @youranswerplace on her birthday! #ARturns3 #lovemyAR #ARgraduates
We were kind of bummed that our regular teacher, Ms. Julie wasn't there, but they played the Color Game and AR was happy. They even made adorable flower wreaths!
image
She got a graduation certificate!
image
And Ms. Julie left her a birthday present. This is seriously one of the coolest books. If you haven't checked it out, you have to go get it!
image
I had a big night planned for us to celebrate as a family tonight but the birthday girl changed her mind and well, it's her birthday so she called the shots. We went to dinner at Chick-Fil-A because she wanted to play in the play area. Then we got snocones, came home, opened gifts (I got her a dollhouse but it wasn't put together so it was kind of a fail-boo!), and she wanted to play outside.
This time 3 years ago, we still didn't know if we were having a boy or girl. Tonight we're celebrating our amazing daughter's third birthday and there's nothing else I'd rather be doing. For all of those who prayed for us during our journey to parenthood,
I'm sure we'll be indulging in lots of snocones this summer!
image
Papa, TT, and the boys sent her three pink flowers. I think she liked them, check out that smile!
image
Every year I try to buy her a piece of jewelry to go with her party theme. It's just something fun to start her jewelry collection. She LOVED the Care Bear necklace I got her!
image
Sunday night I snuck into her room and hung up steamers from her fan and a Happy Birthday sign on the wall. She thought it was all pretty cool.... especially when the fan is on!
image
She still gets to celebrate at the sitter's tomorrow, preschool on Wednesday, with Matt's family this weekend, and my dad's family in two weekends. So technically the birthday celebration isn't over yet but isn't that the best kind?

My baby girl gets sweeter every day and I love being her mother. There's nothing better in the world than to hear my daughter tell me, "I love you, Mama!" I only hope that she knows how much I love her and that she'll always love her Mommy the way she does now. She has changed my life in so many ways and I love her more than she will ever know. My sweet AR, I hope your birthday was fantastic and that Mommy made it extra special for you. May all your birthday wishes come true, may you learn lots, grow stronger, and continue to be the kind, compassionate person you are. I love you!!!
image

No comments :