Sunday, January 22, 2017

A Chill Weekend

All the time I feel like I post about how busy we are and all the super awesome stuff we do. To be honest, AR is just as content to stay home and play so that's what we did for the most part this weekend. It was just a nice, chill weekend! I was off work on Friday so we did a couple fun things outside of the house but for the most part, we stuck close to home.

We're dogsitting so first thing Friday morning, we took Char Char for a walk along the trail by our house. I'm slowly trying to ease into the exercise thing so we did lots of stuff to stay active this weekend, too.

image

Ever since we went ice skating over winter break, AR has been begging to go back. They had open skate on Friday morning and the place was dead. We basically had the rink to ourselves, not more than 10 people there. There was a teenage figure skater there named Faith. She was so sweet to AR, who kept skating up to her and asking her questions. Love teenagers out there like that! They seriously are role models to little ones like AR and their simple interactions with them make a world of difference!

image

I used a scooter too this time so after about an hour, I was feeling pretty confident to go without it. Here's AR and I skating together. You can't tell in the video but she doesn't quite understand not to cut me off or we'll both tumble! I got a great arm workout as I would basically pick her up with one arm to keep us both from falling.



Now, here's Momma ice dancing... don't be jealous of my moves!



Early Friday evening, we went to my work to go swimming with AR's school. We saw old friends, we met new friends, and one of her new friends had this cool mermaid tail. AR was begging to try it the whole time we were there and the little girl was gracious enough to let her try it out.

image


We now officially have started her birthday list and guess what's on the top of the list?



After swimming, we headed to Main Street to meet up with Jenni and her family.  We met at Sugar Cubed which is a new candy store. They were having a s'mores night! My sweet girl, taking after her momma, picked a Reese's peanut butter cup to go on her s'more.

image


For $8, we got 3 s'mores and a special drink. We had the Capt'n Cutler's Cooler... blue sprite, lemonade, and Swedish fish. It was delish to say the least!

image


AR was diggin' the s'more, no matter how messy it was!

image


Okay then seriously we stayed home, or around home, the rest of the weekend! Saturday we loaded up the dog we are dogsitting and headed to a park in our neighborhood that we knew no one would be at. It's such a cute playground, tucked away in the middle of a bunch of houses so it's nice because we usually have it all to ourselves. It was almost 70 degrees so we decided we were going to spend the majority of the day outside if we could.

image


Of course, we had to do silly things with Char Char like put her in the baby swing, ride down the slide, and sit beside AR in the police car. ***No dogs were harmed in this trip to the playground. Both child and dog had a blast and spent the majority of the time laughing and barking at each other.***

image


We headed back home, played in the backyard some with both dogs then decided to get out our bikes. We had a bit of a crash and burn, scary accident but we both survived and aren't too scarred for life. After lunch and a nap, AR rode her bike while I walked to the 7-11 for a slurpee run. FYI-get the app and free small slurpees for the next 3 weekends! On the way back, we stopped at the playground in our backyard and she ran into some friends from school. Overall, it was an awesome, low-key, close to home day!

image


Sunday morning, we woke up and did some yoga per AR's request. She was the teacher and I was her student. Here we are in whale pose aka locust.

image


Saturday night I opened the freezer and saw a bag of chocolate chips. I decided to try my hand at making homemade muffins. After yoga, we made some using this recipe  plus we added some sugar sprinkles. They were AMAZING!!! Tasted just like Dunkin Donuts muffins, yum!!! Best part is that we have breakfast for the rest of the week. Thank you to our neighbor who let us borrow some vanilla!

image

Sunday was overcast and windy so we met up with some Jenni again at the mall so the girls could play and burn off more energy. AR had been asking for awhile to go to the playground. She got three this weekend so she should be happy! After that, we came home and she played in the backyard with the dogs while I made lunch and folded laundry. She's now quietly napping and when she gets up, it'll be time to start getting ready for the school week. Luckily, tomorrow starts National Lutheran Schools Week so it's pajama day-yah for pajamas on Monday! She asked me if I got to wear pajamas to work and I said, "I wish, baby, I wish..."

1 comment :

Unknown said...

I really enjoyed reading about your weekend and seeing all the pics! I especially LOVED the videos! You're an amazing mommy.