Wednesday, November 30, 2011

THE Light Display...

...let me just say that this light display has been the topic of many arguments at our house. Instead of a trivia night, I thought it would be easier to make a light display and work the gate a couple nights at the local park Christmas light display. I should have picked someone other than my super, insanely busy husband to help me with this project! But in the end, it got done...

This is a fundraiser for the American Lung Association. This is a board with clean air facts:
Giant stocking and the present on top is "supposed" to move up and down. However, I think it's too heavy so we'll have to revamp that. Now, bonus points for anyone who notices what's wrong with this picture...
The total scene:
It's nothing too spectacular but it works. We'll be making a minimum of $600 for ALA so that alone was worth it. If you're in my area of town, please be sure to go tour this park!

5 comments :

Slamdunk said...

I think you did a fantastic job with it. Now that baseball season is over, you have a few moments to spare for creative stuff.

Angie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angie said...

very pretty! is it the candy cane?

Mrs. Dirnberger said...

OM MY WORD!!! I am soooo LATE at catching up in the blog world (I have been kinda busy) BUT as I can see YOU have been VERY busy. Why didn't you knock me upside my head and tell me you have WONDERFUL news. I prayed and thought of you a lot b/c I know it hurt to read I was expecting baby #2...but NOW you and Matt are going to be blessed with a BABY IN MAY!!! Good is GREAT!!! CONGRATS!!!!

Anonymous said...

I couldn't find your email, so forgive me while I post the recipe here!

1 package of precooked meatballs
24 ounces of Heinz Chili Sauce
32 ounces of Smuckers Grape Jelly

Mix the chili sauce and grape jelly in the crockpot on high until most of the grape jelly has melted. Then add as many meatballs will fit, while being covered by the sauce. Cook on High for 3 hours, stirring occasionally.

See, easy!