Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving...

...here it is Thanksgiving morning! In my mind, this post today is going to be so different than my post last Thanksgiving but I'm not so sure. Just the other day, Matt and I were driving to tell his mom our big news when I got all teary and said to him, "You know God is so good, look at all the blessings in our lives" and it's so true. Despite what we have been through, we still have each other, we've got strong support systems in our families and friends, we have jobs that are flexible and support us. We live in a community where the medical knowledge is overflowing! We have a roof over our head and cars that get us from Point A to Point B. We have clothes to keep us warm and food in our fridge. In other words, God is good!

I know we all could list everything we're thankful for but I wanted to call out some extra special things we're thankful for this year....

*Matt and I are beyond thankful for the doctors, nurses, embryologists, lab techs, EVERYONE at WashU especially Dr. Keller (who I absolutely love!) and Dr. Omurtag (who puts up with all my freak out medical tweets). Without these knowledgeable people in our lives, we wouldn't have our dream coming true right now.

*Prayer! I am beyond grateful for prayer. This has been what's gotten me through a lot lately. When I'm upset or frustrated, I just stop for a moment and pray. I try to thank God for each blessing He has provided. Last week, I was taking my exam to be a professional in my field and halfway through I was near tears thinking there was no way I was going to pass so I just closed my eyes and asked God to get me through this and He did and I passed! And prayers from all of you and our friends and family. I know I asked for prayers during our journey and I ask to keep them coming please!

*The baby in my belly! Words can't even describe how much we already love this child and are excited to have him/her be a part of our lives. This is a HUGE blessing, one that we've prayed about for a long time and we are so grateful for this baby.

*Most of all, Matt and I are thankful for our support system...our friends, our family, our co-workers, blog friends, doctors, puppies...all of them! I will admit going through treatment this time without telling everyone was a lot harder than last time. All the support we have in our lives makes us feel very loved and for that we cannot even begin to express our gratitude.

There's so much more that we could list but I've got to finish the green bean casserole! I love you all and I'm thankful for each and every one of you. Happy Thanksgiving and remember....THE BIRD IS THE WORD! 

3 comments :

Pamela said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you! And what a blessing...Congratulations to both of you parents to be!

Julie said...

Gobble gobble!

Angie said...

Congrats on passing your test! Been wondering about that! You and Pretty are so very blessed, my blessings this year are a bit different, but I'm still thankful for them! Happy Thanksgiving to you three!