Thursday, June 27, 2013

Mary Poppins at The Cup!!!

...AR's babysitter is on vacation this week so Nana is watching her. Last week, I realized I had to take a day of vacation or I'd lose it. Angie told me last week that Mary Poppins, the actress from the Muny, was doing a storytelling at The Cup this morning.
 
The directions I had were kind of crazy but we found it and we got there early to save a seat. AR wandered over to check out the cupcake selection.
DSC_3650
Then we all had a treat. OMG! The peanut butter cup cupcake was AMAZING!!! AR had some water and Nana's whip cream.
DSC_3668
Then Mary came and read to the kids. AR sat in my lap the whole time like a good girl! I was so proud of her. Then when she was done, AR walked right up to her and said hi.
DSC_3675
Mary showed AR her special umbrella.
DSC_3676
Then AR got her autograph
DSC_3679
Some other kids visited Mary then AR went back to check out that umbrella again.
DSC_3682
Then The Cup gave all the kids a spoonful of sugar aka icing. This guy handed AR a spoon and instead of taking it from him, she leaned forward and took a bite! It was hilarious. Then she took another bite before I could take it for her.
DSC_3685
It was the perfect size group of kids...not too crowded at all. I was surprised though that not very many of them went to visit Mary after the story but AR did plenty of visiting for all of them. Mary even read through the story with AR again.
DSC_3687
It was a fun morning! AR had a great time!
DSC_3691
And definitely go to The Cup for their delicious cupcakes-yum!!!

5 comments :

Meg @ Meg-in-Training said...

Oh my goodness, this looks so fun! You got some great pictures!

Unknown said...

Everytime you do a story-post like this I just want to reach into the computer and grab AR to squeeze her! It's like I was there! We really do need a playdate soon!

Julie said...

How did you find out about this? How fun!

Sara McCarty said...

She is so stinking cute. I love that dress! And her hair is perfection!

Liz said...

She is just the most friendly, sweetest little girl. Love her!