Friday, November 25, 2016

Thanksgiving 2016

Like many things this past year, yesterday was a first for me. It was my first Thanksgiving without AR. Like most of the time when she's gone, I did my best to stay busy and not just around thinking about how much I missed her. We Facetimed first thing in the morning and she made me get her stuffed monkey because she's thankful for her and needed to tell her that, silly girl!

For lunch, I made spaghetti with homemade meatballs then headed over to my friend Deven's. She was on call and stuck at home all weekend so we decided to binge on The Office, eat a "traditional" meal of spaghetti and meatballs, and then have some of her grandma's pumpkin rolls for dessert. I have to say, she's a much more talented cook than I am to make those pumpkin rolls and they were delicious! Her dog Charlie celebrated with us, too!


I headed home after lots of girl talk and pumpkin rolls to check on my Shadow dog who is currently wearing a cone. No worries, nothing major just majorly expensive!!! My friend Shannon texted me and said they were hitting up Target at 6 so I decided to brave my first ever Black Friday (but really it was Thursday). It wasn't bad at all at Target or Wal-Mart. I didn't get anything major, just marked some items off my list. I did get an Elsa castle that AR had been asking for but I have no idea if it's the right one or not so I've got to figure that out somehow...

Fun story from the night: When I was at Wal-Mart, there was a Tahoe parked in front of the store. There were lots of people and they all had lots of items. Parked behind them was a cop SUV and some of the people from the Tahoe were climbing in with items from the store. My best guess is that they ran out of room in their Tahoe so the cop was giving them a ride home???


After Target and Wal-Mart, I drove back to St. Peters because I had to pick up something at Kohl's that I'd ordered online. Um... yeah, Kohl's was not nearly as quick and easy as the other two stores. Deven and I waited in line for TWO HOURS to checkout!?! That's insane! And the crazy part is that we didn't even get any big ticket items but after we'd waited for 45 minutes, it was like Grey's Anatomy, and we were committed! So, whoever gets my gifts from Kohl's had better LOVE them!


So it was after 10PM by the time we left Kohl's. I came home and what did I do? I got online and did some more shopping for the Adopt-a-Family at work. I'd forgotten the list in my car so I picked up a few things for them. I finally went to bed around midnight but I slept awful because I was thinking about everything I needed to do today like wrap presents to take to my dad's tomorrow, hit up Penney's because I had a coupon, find craft supplies for ornaments we're making, etc... When morning time came around, I was lying in bed, too tired to get up for the day when I heard the trash truck. I jumped out of bed, grabbed my kitchen trash, and tried to open the door but it wouldn't open! The doorknob just turned and turned so needless to say, I missed the trash truck but I did get this blog post written! Hope you all had a fantastic Thanksgiving and thanks to Deven, Shannon, and her family for keeping me company yesterday!

1 comment :

Julie said...

2 hours? I was at Kohls by 630, out by 7 and got everything I needed! We go to Gravois Bluffs because hardly anyone hits that area up...for awhile anyway!