Monday, December 26, 2016

Christmas 2016

Merry Christmas, everyone!!! After AR and I went to Six Flags on Friday, we headed over to my sister's house. She was hosting our family's Christmas on Saturday. My main objective was to keep H out of trouble and make sure AR and Sha got along. Way past all of our bedtimes, the three littlest girls headed to bed while Sha Sha continued to prepare for the big event and we all slept in until almost 9AM on Saturday morning!

image

We all three started out in one bed then I got up since I was squeezed in the middle. Halfway through the night, AR came and got into bed with me. In the morning she said she woke up and figured I was lonely and needed love so that's why she got in bed with me. In reality, I think H kicked her out of bed because AR was a kicking machine. AR then proceeded to tell me that she was going to go see if H would jump outside with her (on the trampoline) and I had to be the bad mom and tell her that was a bad idea. So instead, we took showers and got ready for my dad and his family to arrive.

image

Once the girls knew Papa was close, they were anxious for them to get there. AR couldn't find her own boots so she hijacked mine!

image

Then the present unwrapping began and even AR was shocked at the stack in front of her. She got lots and lots of Descendants dolls, Trolls, cute clothes, and lots more!

image

After presents, delicious lunch (thank you, Sha Sha!) then we all sat down to watch Christmas Vacation.

image

Not all of us made it through the movie... someone had to do a show of gymnastics tricks for their Mommy!

image

The Hfield fam!!!

image

After slight panic because I couldn't find my keys, but eventually did in the bottom of my bag, we headed back to our house. We picked up Nanny and drove around to look at Christmas lights. We had extra Minion ornaments that we'd made for her class. Our neighborhood had a few Minion inflatables so we stopped at three houses to give them a Minion ornament. The first house wasn't home so we left it on their doorknob. The second house the guy thought we were crazy. The third house was grandparents and invited us in to see their snow village. They let AR turn on every Hallmark holiday toy that plays music and sent us on our way with a bag of Hershey kisses. It was a pretty magical, neighborly moment!

When we got back home, she set out cookies and milk herself.

image

All ready for Santa, now get to bed, kiddo!

image

Here was the spread from Santa... an Elsa castle, a Trolls seek and find book, a My Little Pony easy reader, and a Blues dress.

image

Opening her stocking and wondering why the heck she got an orange! I had to explain it was for good health.

image

She had lots of other presents to open from me, Nanny, her babysitter, and some other people that love her that sent some over or dropped them off. She is a very blessed little girl to have such wonderful people in her life.

image

After the gift opening, we had breakfast of special drinks and an egg casserole that was incredibly easy and delicious.

image

Then we had a little bit of time to open a few gifts. Her big gift from me was a Descendants karaoke machine and it was a hit!

image

I'm sure we'll be hearing a LOT of this during her Christmas break this next week.



Santa also brought both AR and me this necklace. It has our birthstones on it. It says "I love you behind my back and around" because that's what AR always says then it says A Team because that's what we call ourselves.

image


Then it was time to head over to Daddy's!

image

Matt invited me in to see the tree that Santa had brought to her room and he let me stick around to watch her open her gifts from him and Santa. 

image

Santa brought her this super awesome tea set which she had asked for! WTG Santa!!!

image

AR and Daddy got me a gift and it was the greatest ever because my girl thought of it all on her own! I won a bike back in November so AR told Matt that I needed a blue helmet so we could ride it through the neighborhood together. How awesome of a thought process is that? I hadn't said anything, she thought about it all by herself!

image


My sweet, thoughtful girl! I can't wait until spring so we can ride together again!

image


When Matt dropped her off Christmas night, they brought in all the gifts she got at grandma's so I could see. One of her favorites was this pink camouflage BB gun.

image

Overall, I think this little girl had a pretty awesome Christmas! Now, I get to spend the next three days with her while I'm off work. Today we hit up Six Flags again with a soccer teammate, tomorrow we're going to Sing in Suite Seats, and then who knows what Wednesday will hold for us! Hopefully, your holiday was as blessed as ours. Merry Christmas!

No comments :