Monday, May 10, 2010

Welcome to the World Colin!!!

...My bestie and friend forever Candace welcomed her baby boy, Colin Patrick to the world at 3:25PM on Thursday, May 6. He was named after his momma's maiden name Collins.
She went in Wednesday morning at 5am to be induced after an entire day and only getting to 3 they decided to stop trying until 4am on Thursday. When I spoke to Candace at noon on Thursday, she had to pause to have a contraction while we were talking and I helped her through it...he he whew...he he whew, she said the doctor thought he might be too big and that's why he wasn't moving. She called me at 4pm to tell me the little stinker came out the naturally way weighing in at 7 pounds and 15 ounces!!! I love this picture. The boy already has attitude and is giving his dad the finger saying, "Dude-stop taking my picture!"
I'm so happy for her and Chad!!! I just wish I lived closer so I could go see them but I'll be there soon enough and Colin will get to watch me, hopefully, survive and race my first half marathon! Chad and Candace are going to be wonderful parents, I can't wait to see them with their son over the years! Welcome to the family Colin! Aunt Lyss can't wait to meet you!

4 comments :

Slamdunk said...

Congrats to the new mom friend Candace. The photo is great as it almost looks like the bear is posing for the camera.

On your comment this morning on the photo--I did not think of that, good stuff.

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

Congrats to her!

Vee said...

Congratulations to your friend...what a sweet little baby! =]

Mrs. Dirnberger said...

I want to sniff him...I LOVE the smell of new babies :)