Sunday, April 19, 2009

Exciting Saturday Night...

...so after our exciting Hunter's Education class, we had an exciting Saturday night. My sister and Haley came over to drop off stuff they were giving me. What was it they were giving me? Baby stuff....NO, we are NOT expecting!!! My sister was doing some MAJOR spring cleaning and said if I wanted this stuff that I had to take it and being the cheapskate that I am, I agreed. I had to warn Matt so he wouldn't freak out. So we now have a high chair, stroller and swing in our basement, hopefully in a couple of years, we'll put them to use.

While they were out here, we cooked dinner...Matt did an awesome job bbq-ing porksteaks and making HOMEMADE mashed potatoes, my contribution...mac-n-cheese from the box. After dinner, my sister laid down on the couch and zonked out. Haley's other aunt gave her a purse kit to make. Thanks Aunt Amy, Aunt Lyss had a GREAT time sewing this thing together. Here is a pic of Haley with the finished project. If you look closely, I didn't do the best job especially sewing on the handles but it's in one piece!



After Haley got tired of the sewing, the traitor decided to get on the couch with Matt to watch the end of "A Cinderella Story." Here the two fat cats are...



She's staying an ENTIRE week with us this summer. It will be a good test of our parenting skills and it should be interesting to see how the three of us all mesh together. My prediction is we'll all be okay until about Wednesday and then I think she'll be wanting her mom. Don't worry, I'll be sure to post about it! Hope everyone has a great week!

1 comment :

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

Looks like a fun Saturday night to me!