Friday, June 3, 2011

What It All Comes Down To: Half Training Week 4/12...

Friday, May 27-Ran a mile to the park with Emma. Met Maggie there where we walked 2 miles then Em and I walked the mile home. It was nice to get out. I'm so glad Maggie met me or I so would have sat at home and done nothing all day.

Saturday, May 28-Met Jen at the gym. Ran 3 miles then walked another 1.75 with Jen. Then we went shopping at Old Navy so I'm sure that burnt some calories too!...Got bored in the afternoon so Shadow and I walked to my SIL's new townhouse and back for another 2.5 miles.

Sunday, May 29-Matt and I walked 1 mile to the movie theater, saw "Bridesmaids" (no bueno in our opinions) then walked a mile home. Really shouldn't have been lazy because I was WAY over on my calories.

Monday, May 30-Had to work all day.

Tuesday, May 31-Met Jen at the gym, ran 3 miles and walked .33.

Wednesday, June 1-Met Della at Creve Coeur Lake and ran 3.7 miles in honor of National Running Day. It was hot, hot, hot! We took it nice and slow and enjoyed the shady spots of the trail. Came home and Emma escaped so I had to track her down. Never a dull moment around here!

Thursday, June 2-Met Jen and swam today. We took it nice and easy just chatting while we worked out. Speed work: 1 mile timed: 8:07.

Friday, June 3-Here we are on Friday, June 3, the day before Hospital Hill. My first half ever this time last year and I'm back for round #2. As this posts, I'll be driving to KC to work the expo. It's amazing how so much can change in one year...it just seriously blows my mind. Anyways, my goal for tomorrow is 1. to finish 2. to beat my time from last year (2:47) and my push it goal is 2:40. I know tomorrow is going to be hot, hot, hot and hilly, hilly, hilly so if I don't get 2:40, I won't beat myself up over it. Wish me luck and drink some water for me in the AM!

5 comments :

Pamela said...

Good Luck!! I wish I were in town this weekend, I would come out and cheer you on.

Christy Duffy said...

I'm so excited for you - can't wait to hear all about it! You go, Alyssa!

Anonymous said...

Good luck tomorrow lady. I will be thinking of you. hearts!

Slamdunk said...

Run girl run tomorrow. Best of luck.

Mary said...

I hope the race went well for you! I hope you managed to get a new PR in spite of the disgusting weather!