Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Happy Half-Birthday to Me!!!

...yes, today is my half-birthday. What's that mean? Nothing really, just needed a title for this post BUT 13 years ago it meant that I could get my driver's permit! Now on to my random ramblings...

*I am volunteering at a local elementary school with their Girls on the Run program. Last Thursday was my first day and as it turns out, I'm the only coach that's not a teacher at the school. There's a TON of coaches so I'm not sure that they necessarily need me. I'm going to make the best of it and at least stick it out through the season.

*The author of the book I did a review on last week, Playing with Matches, left a comment on the post. That's the second author that's commented on a book review I've done. That's pretty awesome in my book!

*I know I did a whole blog post about how I was going to still be blogging and then I feel like I haven't blogged much in the past few weeks. Well, here's my excuses: 1. I don't really have much to write about so there's no point in doing random postings, right? and 2. the MIA Conference I'm helping with in November is taking up a TON of my time and all my blogging time has been dedicated to that blog. I'm in no way complaining because I'm REALLY excited about this organization and conference. But now you know why my blogging here has been slacking. I do apologize for my lack of comments though, please forgive me!

*For those of you that follow me on Twitter, you might have seen my tweets but yes, once again, I have poison. Geez, I hate that stuff and I hate it even MORE when I can't take any medicine for it! Matt took Shad dove hunting and Shad must have brought it home because it's all on my legs. On top of the poison, I also had some major sinus drainage going on and again, couldn't take any meds so I was a hot mess that was in bed by 8pm for most of last week. Happy to report that now, most of the poison is drying up and the drainage is to a minimum.

*Remember this post where I smuggled a treadmill into the man cave without telling Matt? Just wanted to update you on that he STILL hasn't said anything. I know that he's noticed but he's not mentioned a word to me. I'm not sure whether to take that as a good or bad sign.

*Now that camp is over, things are slower at work which makes the days drag out REALLY long! I'm starting to study for my CPRP (Certified Park & Recreation Professional) in hopes of taking (and passing!) the test by my wedding anniversary (10-11). It's only 3 chapters to study and has a practice test so I'm hoping it's not too bad. Also, if it's approved in the budget then next year, I'll be studying to get my First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor licenses. So bottom line, I have a lot of studying to do in the next year!

*If I ran Top Chef then if the Challenger beat the Top Chef, he would become the new Top Chef. So in theory, the Top Chefs could constantly be rotating. That drives me nuts about this show! The Top Chef can loose but is still the Top Chef...that doesn't even make sense!!!

Okay, enough ramblings for one day!

1 comment :

Christy Duffy said...

Happy Half Birthday! And I totally agree about Top Chef!