Sunday, December 11, 2011

An Afternoon in the City...

...this afternoon, Matt and I had planned on using some of my Groupons so first stop was my favorite, the Fountain on Locust. Matt was "starving" so we ordered an appetizer. Before we knew it, our food had arrived but no appetizer. So the waitress gave us free dessert since we didn't get our appetizer-yum!!! Matt said since we got free dessert, we weren't allowed to use the Groupon so I guess that means I'll have to go again! Darn the luck...:)

Next stop was the Laclede's Landing Wax Museum. Luckily, I only spent $6 on this Groupon because it wasn't even worth that. Here are some pictures I snapped...

Matt and the Hulk
Whoopi and Patrick from "Ghost"
Louis Armstrong and Michael Jackson
Indiana Jones
Ronald Reagan
Yeah...see what I mean? Also, this place was FREEZING! I pulled out my gloves and put them on it was so cold. I guess so that the wax didn't melt, that was my guess. They also had a Hall of Horrors but only Matt went since I'm pregnant it said not to go. Matt said he didn't know why unless they were afraid being scared. OH and did I mention that we were the ONLY two there and it only took about 20 minutes to walk through the entire thing?

Since we were downtown already, we decided to drive along the Riverfront.
We found some artists working on graffiti on the flood walls.
And I never pass up a chance to get a good picture of the Arch.
All in all, it was a very nice little date for us. The weather was beautiful, it got us out of the house and was a fairly cheap afternoon. Although I would NOT recommend hitting up the wax museum! Have a great weekend everyone!

3 comments :

Whit said...

The pictures of the wax museum made me laugh out loud. Those are TERRIBLE! Oh my gosh. Ha! I didn't even know that was down there. Then again, most of the times I've been to the Landing I've been...how do I say it...hammered?

Liz said...

Wax museums freak me out! I can't believe that place is still in business.

Julie said...

Never knew there was a wax museum on the landing...hmm