Monday, December 19, 2011

Weekend Recap...

...woo! It was a busy weekend! Let me try to recap it for ya:

Friday
I left work early to go to Haley's school because she had a classroom play. It was one of those days where I left work later than I wanted, traffic was horrible and as soon as I walked in the room, my work phone rang! Needless to say, I missed the first showing. Luckily, a lot of other parents did too so they did an encore performance. H was the Guardian Angel and was actually the female lead! She neglected to tell all of us that but keep in mind it was a 10 minute play. I actually left right after the play because I was not feeling great so I went to my sister's and laid down until her, H and my grandma got home.

Then we had homemade meatballs for dinner-yum and lots of pretzels with icing! H and Grandma played beauty shop which ended in finger nail polish remover all over the floor and that game ended quickly. We then did our coupon cutting and planned out our game plan for the next day.

Saturday
After a quick (well not really quick) breakfast at IHOP, we went to use up our coupons and finish up our Christmas shopping. Haley used a coupon to buy Matt an Axe gift set for Christmas with her own money; I usually get him one every year so he'll be very excited. FYI-we have Axe out the ears at our house right now.

I then headed home to find our Christmas cards had arrived-yah!!! Unfortunately, someone had pregnancy brain when making them and wrote "edition" instead of "addition" so I had to handfix all of them before mailing them. Oops!

Then I headed to work the gate at the local light display to raise money for the American Lung Association.
This is also where Matt works part-time and had worked all day from 8-5pm. I gave him Super Husband of the Day because he came home, ate dinner and went back up to help us work. It was insane! I think something like 700 cards came through and I witnessed a verbal fight because one car was mad the other car couldn't turn off his headlights...how's that for the holiday spirit?

Sunday
The night before really took it's toll on me. I stood outside for 4 hours and didn't get to bed until after 11pm so come Sunday, I had a killer headache which caused an earache which caused Crabby Alyssa. Other than almost crying twice, I think I actually did pretty good not being crabby. We had Matt's mom's side's Christmas yesterday which included 4 children and a flutophone and I didn't even ask to lay down. It was funny because his 6th grade cousin and I found we had a common love for "The Hunger Games" and spent quite awhile discussing it.

Monday
I took a vacation day today. I had to use it before the end of the month. Unfortunately, I had to go in yesterday to take care of some things at work and I had to go in today. It's nice to have a lot of time off at the holidays but at the same time, it's kind of crazy because all of this stuff has to be done before the end of the year.

I had to get up early and take Matt to work because he truck has been in the shop the past week. Apparently, a screw fell out of the bumper and went through all the gearshifts or something. We're going to pick it up today after work...and pay $3,100.

So that my friends was my weekend, it's almost noon and I've done all my errands for the day and I'm back in my pajamas now! Hope you had a good weekend!

2 comments :

trump said...

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to everyone. I'm just stopping by random blogs today and checking them out. Also wishing you folk's a healthy and happy new years. Richard from an Amish community in Pennsylvania.

Liz said...

Wow, what a busy weekend!

And bummer about the truck. That kind of expense just came at the worst possible time, didn't it? That's how I feel about personal property taxes. Why are they due in Dec?! Don't they know I'm spending about $2K already this month?