Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Matt's Birthday...

...I have SO much to blog about and I had great intentions of taking pictures to make my posts more interesting but alas, I did not. Hopefully, since we aren't traveling for Easter this weekend, I'll have some time to catch up on this blog but here's a quick post about Mattie's birthday.

Yesterday, my pretty husband turned the Dirty Thirty!!! I had big plans for him and then we all remember how he treated me on my birthday plus add in sinus junk and big plans didn't turn out so big. However, I still think I did a great job making the day special. I got up early and made him cinnamon rolls for breakfast (we usually never eat breakfast at home so this was huge for us!).

I also wrote on 30 notecards reasons why I love him and/or memories I have of us. I figured he'd think it was corny and silly but the smile on his face when we read each one was great! When he got home from work, he commented, "I've only found 17 so far..." and he kept each and every one of them. Finding 30 hiding spots was especially difficult. Sorry if this is TMI but I'd hid one in the hall bathroom because he normally goes to the bathroom in the morning there. But, of course, he didn't so I had to tell him he should check there. Other hiding spots included in his shirt stack, between his belt, taped on a Snickers bar, tape to the radio in his car, taped on the door when he got home, under his dinner plate...by the end of the night I just made a trail down the hallway of the last 3 notes! It was such an easy and non-expensive way to really make someone's day.

For dinner, I told him I was going to make "gross spaghetti" because he HATES spaghetti. Let me rephrase, he doesn't HATE it, he just thinks we have it all the time so he never wants to eat it. Usually I just brown burger but I went all out and made homemade meatballs, my sister's secret recipe!, and we had garlic bread too. I had enough meatballs leftover that he had a meatball sandwich for lunch today. After dinner, we headed to Oberweis for dessert. I also got him a couple new shirts. So nothing too fancy or exciting but I think he had a good birthday.

OH! And the belt went out on our dryer. While I was making dinner, he was checking it out and I asked him to lay the clothes out in the backyard so they wouldn't get mildewy plus it was 70+ degrees out so I figured they'd drive fast. After Oberweis, I went to sit in the backyard with the doggies to write some thank you notes when I realized that he'd hung my underware up on the fence along with our shorts and shirts!?! I quickly brought them in. This morning before I headed to work, I went outside and brought in the rest of my maternity clothes because I can't afford to lose any of those!!!

So happy birthday Mattie! I hope 30 is fantastic for you!!!

2 comments :

Slamdunk said...

Happy 30 Matt. I am glad you did the underwear hanging on your b-day when you get a free pass for such decisions...

Ellen's Cakes said...

Awwww that sounds like a fabby birthday, well done on the notecard ideas! :D I bet that he really appreciated it :)