Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day 2012...

...I hope you all had a great Father's Day yesterday! Matt's first Father's Day was pretty low key, mainly because I haven't gotten out of the house much. AR got her daddy a card with four Monsters that said, "Sorry if I'm a 'monster' at night, I hope these give you some energy to get through the day." We also crawled into bed with him when we got up at 5am to tell him Happy Father's Day to which he replied, "It's still sleeping time..." so AR and I let him sleep in.

When Matt finally got up, he went to the grocery store and when he got home, mom got a little break! I went to the bedroom, closed the door and took a long hot shower. Then I laid down and started reading "50 Shades of Grey." I have a feeling it's going to take me a long time to finish this book because I don't get many breaks to just lay down and read like that.

At 4, we headed over to Matt's parents for dinner and it was also AR's first time out other than the hospital when she was born or doctor's office. Minus the fact that I told Matt to ask if we could eat at 5:30 and he told them 5 so I missed eating with everyone because I had to feed AR, it was a pretty successful trip. I packed plenty of diapers and really at this point, all we need are diapers and milk and well, it's hard to "forget" the milk at home. :)

Here's a picture of AR snoozing with her Grandpa and her dad.
AR is already experiencing the difficulties of being a woman...too big for newborn, too little for 0-3, already finding out how hard it is to find clothes that fit! I used a ponytail holder to tie the straps in the back to keep her from flashing everyone. Happy Father's Day everyone!

1 comment :

Julie said...

Sounds like your hubby had a great first father's day!