Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Lost in Translation...

...that's what I feel like right now. Currently, I am without last name. Monday, Matt and I went to the social security office to change my name...after ONE HOUR of waiting and Matt having to walk to his doctor's appointment, I finally got to change my name. I won't even begin to tell you all the stories that I heard. Anyways, the lady kept my SS card so as of right now, I don't really know what my last name is...I guess I'm just Alyssa like Diddy. Hopefully, I get a last name soon because both my names together is a MOUTHFUL!!!

Update on my Mattie: we were at the doctor for TWO HOURS (yes, after the ONE HOUR at the SS office)....first off, the nurse practitioner had no idea what she was talking about...seriously! Matt started asking her questions and her response, "I'll be right back." She leaves and comes back later with the doctor who never introduced himself, guessed I was the Mrs. and started calling me mom, then answered his personal cell phone TWICE while he was meeting with us (once about a conference he was going to in January and the other about his car). Then he drew on the throw away paper over the exam paper his $72,000 landscaping job and told Matt to get a new job and even asked him if he had a high school degree. So then they kicked me out of the room and Matt went into another room and gave him a shot right in his spine. He said its feeling better but still a little sore. I told him when he goes back to his chiro to let him know he needs to find someone else to refer patients too! So long story short, Matt's back is feeling better but its not 100% so thanks to everyone for the good thoughts!

1 comment :

LucyinStLou said...

Wow, that's awful. I might even consider writing the AMA because that is very unprofessional behavior. I'm glad to hear he's feeling a little better. Hopefully, he'll be 100% in time for Thanksgiving!