Friday, July 24, 2009

Friday Update...

...this has been a fairly uneventful week until today. So yesterday, I start to leave work and my boss asks if I'm at 40 yet. I let her know I'm over and she asks if I'm coming in on Friday and before I answer, she's like, no, don't come in. You'll be here all weekend, take the day off and you're not allowed to check your email. Sweet!

I head home to meet up with my mom who took me to get new tennis shoes (post on that later) and grocery shopping including Rocky Road Ice Cream-YUM!!! Then we went to Matt's nursery to show my mom where he worked at and I found a heart shaped rock! I showed it to Matt and he told me to keep it in my pocket for when I worry (wish is all the time) and think about how much he loves me...everyone together now-Awwww!!!

So I'm all set for sleeping in on Friday when my phone rings at 7:30 AM and its my credit card company letting me know that they suspect fraud...great! Just what I want to deal with at 7:30 on my day off! Sure enough, someone tried to use it at a gas station in Florida!!! I wish I was in Florida...Randall, are you using my credit card? Anyways, they shut it down and I'm credit card-less until I get a new card sometime next week. What I don't understand though is I know I've taken road trips and used it along the way but this is the first time I've ever been called. Also, don't you have to swipe your credit card at gas stations? Now I'm all paranoid and freaking out!!! I'm going to go take Shadow for a walk now and we might go to the movie in the park tonight (its Jaws!!!) but other than that no much else is planned for today. Everyone have a great weekend!

4 comments :

Mrs. Fabulous said...

I'm in Florida right now and I promise I'm not using your credit card!!! :>)
Hope it all works out!

Angie P said...

Please tell me you didn't give them any pertinent information over the phone...I have had phishing calls and emails. Did you call the number on the back of your card to verify that it was them calling? I got an email from my "bank" one evening saying I had possible fraud and to "click here" and supply all my info - I immediately had red-lights flashing and sure enough, contacted the bank and they said it was phishing. Just be careful - ID theft scares the bejesus out of me!

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

It wasn't me! Glad your credit card company contacted you so quickly. Enjoy your day off!

Angie P said...

Sorry for sounding so paranoid, it's just that with the phishing incident I encountered recently, my spidey senses are on high alert (along with all my other emotions). Glad to know that all is on the up-and-up! Just looking out for you!