Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Totally Bummin'...

...so Matt and I come home to this in our front yard:






The City is paying for people to have their sewer's replaced which I just had mine done almost 2 years ago. They send home a letter that says call the contractor to make an appointment so we did and he stood us up! Then he calls at 6:30pm last night to say they are coming today. Matt tried to call him back but no one answered. Then we came home to this disaster! Grrr...so much for our hard work in the front yard. I'm so upset, as is Matt, that I don't even know what to say. OH! And that first picture is the first Christmas tree Matt and I had together that we'd planted this spring and Matt's pretty sure its' going to die because half of the tree is yellow already from the exhaust of their machine. Of course, we've been trying to get a hold of someone and NO ONE has called us back!!!

5 comments :

Angie P said...

I hate how we are always at the mercy of everyone else. "WE will be at your house between 10 and 2" Like most people can take a big chunk of their day to wait around for the phone guy/cable/etc. to arrive at during their huge window. (And more often then not, they are usually late!) Grrr... I hear your pain!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Alyssa, I would be so upset!! I hope you get a resolution soon.

Angie said...

I would totally be pissed too. That is really stupid. I've been dealing with the city of st. louis also, cause our tree out front is dying and pieces of it keep falling down. No one really seems to care in the foresty dept. We finally contacted our alderman to get resolution. Still nothing. I hope our cars don't get crunched by a huge fricken limb falling down.

LucyinStLou said...

Oh that's just ridiculous! I've heard of this happening to so many people. How can they do this?

Alicia said...

You should call Elliot Davis or some other " You Paid for It" guy from one of the local TV stations!"

This is totally a bummer!