Saturday, August 1, 2009

Fair with the Kiddos...

...this week has been the St. Charles County Fair. Dear hubs takes vacation and spends the ENTIRE week out there. It started off rough on Tuesday with all the storms, Matt was helping to take down a tent during the storm (it was being blown away) and got a huge gash on his back along with some cuts and bruises on his stomach. I've been going out every night and brought back his laundry; the shirt he was wearing has a huge hole in the back from that day!!! Craziness! Luckily, it got better after that. Wednesday night I took Haley and my friend and her kiddos came along. They rode all the rides (except for a couple of scary ones), went to the petting zoo, saw the butterflies and, of course, we had to get cotton candy!!! Here are just a couple pics from the night. The first one is a self shot of me and H.


The fair is held at Rotary Park in Wentzville which has a huge water tower. When we took her last year, she became obsessed with water towers so here she is on Matt's shoulders with the water tower in the background.
Her and Matt on the Cobra ride.
Her and Cody holding hands...these two were so cute all night. I think we may have made a match.
Here is a video of her and Matt on the bumper cars which ended up being her favorite ride the whole night.

2 comments :

Angie P said...

I wish I would have gotten out there, but we just never got a chance to practice Vegas much this summer and we were so busy this week during the evening. We had so much fun there last year I'm slightly bummed that we didn't go this year. The dockdogs exhibit was a big hit last year, hoping they did well this year.

Mrs. Fabulous said...

Wow, looks like a ton of fun for the kids!
I guess it's bad that I live in St. Charles Co. and had no idea there was a county fair!!! :>)