Sunday, January 3, 2010

How We Celebrated New Year's....

...so we were in Florida and I found this Arabian Nights dinner theater in Orlando that we could go to for New Year's but Matt was on the fence about it so by the time we decided to go, it was sold out. So all day Thursday, we drove around the area of Florida to see what we could do. Finally, we heard an ad on the radio for a bar called Midnight Rodeo that was having Ryan Griffin in concert, all you can drink for just $20...WHAT!?! We were TOTALLY IN! The place ended up being like a country line dancing bar and being that I love country, it was awesome. It was in Ocala, Florida so I kept my eyes peeled for John Travolta but he wasn't celebrating at the Midnight Rodeo.
When we first drove up we saw a sign that said, "Willy Wonka New Year's Bash Come Celebrate with Oompa Loompas" and I got totally freaked out. Those little things scare me! Here is a card I found to show you I'm serious:
LUCKILY, that was at the bar next door so close call but no Oompa Loompas...whew!
We had to stand the whole night (about 3 hours) in my new heels...not a good idea but it was still a great time. Here is a picture of Ryan, he played a lot of cover songs then threw in some of his own too which were pretty good.
When we got home, I was like, we didn't get a picture of us! So I set up the self-timer and snapped a shot. Now wouldn't this be the cutest picture ever? Yeah, except my dork husband is holding up a bottle of mayo like it's a prize he won or something!!!
More of the Florida trip later this week, we didn't get home until 3am then unpacked, did laundry, uploaded all my pics (and I still am!!!). So it will be later this week. I hope I have a good first week of work tomorrow. I also told myself no desserts or sodas until I lose 20 pounds starting tomorrow...which also means no Silky's and my birthday is coming up in March so I'd better lose it by then!!! What is everyone else's goals????

5 comments :

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

Fun! I think you made a good choice, Arabian Nights is fun but kind of cheesy, like Medieval Times. Can't wait to hear more about your trip.

Angie said...

You were in Ocala!!! That's where my grandma lives, at ocala Palms. Crazy! I thought you guys were going to the beach somewhere...

Meredith said...

I am LOLing at the picture with the Mayo!

Was Matt making a sandwich or something?!

Cecilia said...

Picture with the mayo is too funny. I cannot wait to see the photos. I stayed home with a sick kid on New Year's Eve. Wahoo. My first an foremost resolution is to be happier, more patient and give more of myself. Plus lose weight. Lots of it hopefully. I'm off to a horrible start. lol/

Kevin and Katie said...

Aly - we went and saw the movie Up in the Air. Apparently Kevin's brother in law was an extra in the movie so Jim was really excited to see the back of his own head on the screen.