Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Your Bra Size Please...

...Friday night I'm driving to dinner when my phone rings. It's my mother-in-law so I answer. Here's our convo:

Me: Hi Star!
Star: Hey, are you alone?
Me: (heart sinks) Yeah...why?
Star: Like are you alone where you can tell me your bra size?

WHAT!?! She was helping this lady who loved to shop and had some really nice bras with tags still on them. She seemed a bit disappointed when I told her my bra size (how embarrassing!) as she said, "OH, these are DD..." Not sure how to take that...thanks for thinking I'm bigger than I am? I really wanted to say, "Oh no but I'm sure your son would enjoy that!" I refrained. Is it odd that this really didn't phase me?

6 comments :

Emma said...

Give her my address...

My MIL has never asked me any question like that, but if she had I would have totally gone the "Ask your son." route. Just for giggles. Which is probably why she never asks me such things.

Adie said...

That is weird! I am disappointed you aren't a DD too! Dang it! haha

Meredith said...

LOL. That is bizarre! Was she trying to give you the bras that this lady bought? That would have creeped me out!

Faith said...

I'd pretty much die if my MIL wanted to buy me bras. Although I'm almost surprised that hasn't happened.

Krystie said...

Haha. My MIL and I are pretty open about that kind of stuff. I'm pretty sure the first day I met her she asked me if I wanted to spend the night at her house, and then proceeded to tell me she had endless resources for condoms if I ever needed. ( no joke!) She works for the health department in clinical diseases which I didn't know at the time, but still...How freaking embarrassing!

Katelyn Betterton said...

Haha! That was weird and so awkward. LOL! Telling other people (even a family member) our bra size can be so embarrassing. You could have some free bras, though. Hehe!