Thursday, July 8, 2010

Where I'm At...

...where am I at in life? That's a good question...We'll we're officially half through the summer which is a good thing because-woohoo, it's half over but it's also a bad thing because we still have another half to go. The stress level is only going to increase from here but I'm trying very hard to remain calm. I brought my first Mountain Dew to work on day 24 of camp so I'm pretty proud of myself for that.

After the half, I'd decided on my "October Adventure." Sherrie and I were going to run the Lewis & Clark Full Marathon. Week 1 of training went great, week 2-major el sucko and week 3, not good, not bad but I didn't stick to my training plan. I'm not sure if it's the weather, work or I'm just getting burnt out but I need a break from running. After running the Macklind Mile this past Sunday, I realized that I really love the hype and excitement of the races and while I was about to give up on my October Adventure, it got me motivated again to get moving.

I think part of the problem too was that my training planning was just really overwhelming me. Yes, I know I need to get longer miles in but at the same time, I don't plan on running this to "race" or "beat someone." I'm running to finish it, to complete it, to say I ran a marathon. Plus there's a 9 hour time limit so I figure if I can run a half in 2:47 then surely I can do a full in 9 hours, even if I walk the second half, right? So I found the original training plan I had and started this past Tuesday on it and so far I'm feeling great and having fun, which is the most important thing.

I'm the swimming part of a tri team in August. So for my cross train and even shorter run days, I'm going to add in some swimming. I also registered for the CHADS Coalition 10k in September. I'm running with the team Runners 4 Luke. This is an awesome race, I have a connection (like 5 degrees) with Chad whose parents started the organization. It's awesome because it has something for everyone...1 mile walk, 5k and 10k run and even a 3k walk with your furry friend! I'm hoping this race will be redemption for my awful 10k back in the spring and I'm sure it will be because I'll have a lot of friends there supporting me.

For those of you that are my friend on FB or DM, you may have noticed a post that a week ago Monday, some little doggie was my running partner and tripped me (only during rush hour on the busiest road by our house so EVERYONE saw it). I trekked it back to the house with my bloody knees and called it a day. Here is a picture of my knees the next day and the tripper. So that my friends is where I'm at...where is everyone else at right now with your exercising? Your summer? Your job? Let me know!

Oh, I don't ask for this too often but please send up lots of prayers and positive thoughts for my friend, Katie. She lost her brother this week in what can only be described as an awful tragedy, my heart is aching for her and her family. They have a long journey ahead of them so all the prayers they can get would be greatly appreciated.

7 comments :

Jen said...

I need to run too! I need like a mile or a 5k to get started - you brought out the big guns with marathons and triathalons.

Jennelle said...

It's easy to get burned out, but it sounds like you're doing a great job of mixing up your routine. :)

from C to C said...

Glad that you are feeling better with this training plan and are enjoying the running again this week!

lola said...

Keep it up with the training.. It isn't ever easy!

Holly Renee said...

My thoughts are with your friend. I think it's so awesome how much you train. I am trying to get a little more athletic activity in these days but I'm sure it's less than you. You go girl!

Stephany said...

WOW! You're doing so much! I only have a 5K planned in November and that's IT. Way to go on it all and good luck!

Adie said...

Okay I just seem to say the same thing over and over again on your running posts. I am just so impressed. I can't wait to see how you do on the full! I said some prayers for your friend. Hang tight summer will be over before we know it.