Monday, July 2, 2012

Mommy's 6 Week Check-Up...

...I had my six week check-up today and it did NOT go as I wanted. Good news...no hemmorroid. Bad news...it's actually grainular tissue. Doesn't sound bad, right? Well, I'm waiting on a phone call back from the doctor's office to schedule an outpatient surgery, hopefully, next Wednesday. Basically, my behind is healing backwards and it's not likely to heal on it's on. What I need to do is have a stitch put back in which means another round with the squirt bottle and more stitches! I will have to be sedated but it should only take about 15 minutes. I'm hoping my MIL can watch AR and my mom can drive me to the surgery. I told Matt not to take off because it's a short surgery and I'd rather him take the time later this year. My doc told me I could wait another 4 weeks and we could decide what to do then. I was in favor of that but Matt had a good point to just go ahead and do it while I still had time to heal before I go back to work. Let me tell you I am less than thrilled about this but hey, you gotta do what you gotta do. I guess the good news is that once it's healed, hopefully it won't come back like hemmorroids do!

In other check-up news, I've lost 37 pounds since I had AR. I've still got a LONG way to go but it's nice to know that's gone! My BP was still high 138/88 but I haven't worked out other than walks in almost a year. Hopefully when I start working out again, my BP will go bac down. With that, I am okayed to workout, swim, baths, etc...just have to ease back into all of that.

So there you have it, mommy's 6 week check-up. I'll be sure to update you on the surgery after it happens, my main concern is about breastfeeding but I'm pretty sure I'll only miss maybe half a day of feedings.

Since I'm at my mom's, I don't have any new pics of AR so I'm sharing this instead. My mom is in a golf league, so the week after AR was born she gave pink golf balls to all the ladies in her league to tell them she was a girl!

Happy Fourth of July everyone!

6 comments :

Julie said...

cute idea!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the weight loss, that is wonderful. I am sure you have a great support system but if you need me to come down next week and help out, I would love to. I am off wednesday and thursday, just let me know!! Love ya girl

Slamdunk said...

See all the good news I miss when I am off from blogging. Congrats mom and to the new addition Autumn Rose--what a beautiful name.

Kristal said...

Oh man, Alyssa, that stinks! If you need help, please let me know. It would be no biggie for Isaac and I to come up there and drive you to your appt or watch AR. I'd be more than happy to help and I mean it!

For breastfeeding, check out kellymom.com. They have a good articles on surgeries and medicines so you can cross check your doc's info with them to figure out if you need to pump and dump and for how long. :)

Unknown said...

Wow, I definatley wasn't expecting the whole grainular tissue thing. I'm glad that it's a simple fix instead of weeks and weeks of treating with minimal results.

Hilary said...

Yikes! That happened to me when I had my wisdom teeth taken out - one place healed from the outside in, making it infected. Yuck!!

So this whole "You can't swim for 6 weeks" thing is completely foreign to me, but I read it somewhere else too! Here I wanted to have a baby in the summer, but staying out of the ocean for 6 weeks? That's just crazy! Bring on the winter baby!