Friday, March 18, 2011

Half Training Week 1...

...today finishes up (kinda) week 1 of Half Marathon Training! I've decided since I don't get many hits on Fridays on my blog, I will use it for the next 12 weeks to be my recap of my training. Of course, my training ACTUALLY goes from Monday-Sunday so it might seem a little weird but oh well!

Monday, March 14-Plan called for a 4 mile run. I rocked it! I really did!!! I walked 1 minute then ran until minute 39 where I realized I was running WAY too fast so I walked for a minute then finished out running. My time was 46:02 which I was VERY pleased about. I popped my knee (old high school injury) last week and its been nagging a bit but running on it was fine so I just iced it and rested on Monday night.

Tuesday, March 15-Today was a cross train day. I used it to swim my weekly mile although I'm questioning the pool's calculations of a mile and am afraid it might not be that far. They're looking into it. I wasn't able to time myself on this one because the clock I was using was apparently broken OR I swam a mile in 0 minutes and 0 seconds.

Wednesday, March 16-I was introduced to speed training. In all of my half and full training, I have never done hill or speed training but this program includes it. I'm pretty excited about that because it's not just "go run X number of miles." I had to jog for 15 minutes (I did this at 5.0 mph), then run a mile at push it speed, 8 out of 10 intensity (I did it at 5.4). I was a sweaty, hot mess after that and TIRED. So then I just walked it out to 30 minutes for a total of 2.5 miles. I was supposed to repeat a mile as fast as I could then jog another 15 minutes but I was exhausted.

Thursday, March 17-Today was another cross-train day. Jen met me at the gym and we did 30 minutes of elliptical and some circuit training. I would have to say this was our best workout to date. It was awesome and once again, I was sweating. Yes, I judge my workouts by how much I sweat.

Friday, March 18-This was supposed to be a rest day. I felt bad for not finishing my speed workout on Wednesday so I plan on jogging 15 minutes, sprinting a mile and then walking it out to 30 minutes.

And tomorrow is Master the Met, a 42 flight stairclimb then I have to come home and run 2 miles!!! Wish me luck.

And to end this post, a fun video from Brooks Running. I loved it and the music kind of reminded me of Juno!


Happy Friday ya'll!!!

5 comments :

Shannon said...

Great job! Are you on DailyMile?

Sarah said...

I love that video!

Adie said...

I judge my workouts by sweating too! I swear you so impress me! i want to be just like you!

Stephany said...

I judge my workouts by my sweat, too! And how much I am huffing and puffing. :)

Great week of training, Alyssa!

Angie said...

OMG Master the Met is tomorrow already? Wow! Good luck!!! AND you're running 2 miles afterward - you go girl!!!!