Monday, March 28, 2011

A Snowy 5K...

...yesterday was the annual 5k at work. It was also Jen and Angie's first ever 5k. All Saturday afternoon it snowed....and snowed...and snowed but Jen, Angie, Maggie and I were all hardcore and showed up despite the snow.


The race started and Jen and I stayed together and Maggie and Angie stayed together. The first .25-.5 mile part was icy because it was underneath trees and the sun hadn't gotten to it yet. Other than that, the course wasn't too bad. Oh and it was totally flat which is always a bonus!


Jen and I did a good job alternating between walking and running. Her goal was to finish in under 45 minutes. We crossed at 46.08, which in my opinion, is pretty great because that's still under 15 minute miles. So she's right on course for the Hospital Hill Half.


After we finished, I jogged back to find Maggie and Angie. They were almost finished and we all walked in together. I am so proud of these ladies! They weren't scared off by the snow and totally rocked their first 5k!


A (dark) picture of the four of us and the snowy background:

Awesome job ladies!

6 comments :

Mrs. Dirnberger said...

UGH..snow..I heard there was snow up your way! I can't believe it really...Old man winter needs a wife soon!!!

Adie said...

Great job!

Christy Duffy said...

Way to go! I am impressed you didn't let the snow keep you away.

Angie said...

Yay for our first 5k! My legs are sore today! lol. I'm glad I did it though and can't wait for the next one.

Stephany said...

Oh, man. SNOW?! You need to move to Florida. Nice and sunny with the perfect amount of breeze. :)

Hilary said...

You are better than me, girlie! At the first sight of snow, I'd have headed back to bed!