Sunday, March 11, 2012

Crockpot Lasagna...

...last week, I made Crockpot Lasagna. No idea where I got this recipe but I'm sure it's off someone's blog. It was SO easy and only took about 20 minutes to cook which included browning the meat. Matt and I both thought it lacked a little in flavor but we're definitely going to have it again and just add some spices of our own. Enjoy!
Ingredients


- 8 whole wheat lasagna noodles, uncooked.

- 1-2 lb extra lean ground beef or turkey (I use 2 but I have a big crockpot and like it meaty!)

- 1 tsp italian seasoning

- 28oz jar low fat/low sugar spaghetti sauce

- 1/3 cup water

- 4oz can sliced mushrooms (rinsed and drained)

- 15oz fat free ricotta cheese

- 2 cups shredded skim milk mozzarella cheese

Directions

1) Spray inside of cockpot with no-calorie cooking spray.

2) Cover bottom of crockpot using 4 noodles (break to fit)

3) Brown ground beef in pan. Drain. Stir in Italian seasoning. Spread half of it over noodles in crockpot.

4) Layer 1/2 of sauce, 1/2 of mushrooms, 1/2 of ricotta and 1/2 of mozza over beef. Repeat layers.

5) Cover and cook on low for 5 hours.



Makes 8 small servings or 6 large.

1 comment :

Sarah said...

I don't know where I first heard about it either, but I love it! So easy. Plus, it's nice to come home from work and have dinner ready to go.