Sunday, March 18, 2012

This and That...

...I have lots of thoughts in my head so I figured I'd do a this and that post so here goes!

*I broke down and bought a brace for the carpal tunnel. I don't think it's doing any good but I'm going to give it at least a week and then ask the doc again this week. At this point, I'm not sure what I can do but I'd love to have the feeling back in my fingers on my right hand!

*I haven't been sleeping very good at all! Even naps are no fun, I'm tired and want to lay down but my legs bother me so I'm constantly tossing and turning...so is Matt for that matter. About 4:30 this morning, I whispered to him, "The baby is wide awake." Sure enough, s/he was tossing and turning too. Guess I should get used to being up at that hour of the night, huh?

*I also feel like the baby is getting long because when s/he kicks, I can feel it on opposite sides of my body. I have an u/s in 3 weeks so it'll be interesting to see what s/he is measuring.

*My good friend Jess had her son, Owen, on my birthday! He was originally due on Matt's birthday but decided to come on mine. Although I haven't met him yet, I know he's gotta be pretty cool since he picked me over Matt :)

*Good 'ole MO has decided to share 70 degree weather with us. Normally I wouldn't care but that means it's time for a whole new wardrobe! Luckily, I found one pair of khaki shorts that fit (not sure how long they will) but it makes me feel better wearing them than basketball shorts out in public or sweating in pants.

*My fingers and toes look like Vienna sausages.

*Yesterday was my last weekend manager shift until after Labor Day. Of course, it was insane crazy with storms rolling through but I'm happy to say I survived and came home and went straight to bed about 8pm.

*I'm starting to get a little bit panicky about April coming up because that means there's just 6 weeks until Baby G arrives. I have SO much to do at work before I go out so I might be putting in some longer hours to make sure it all gets done. I'm worried I'm going to forget something and it'll slip through the cracks while I'm out.

I feel like I have a good handle on things at home. After I have my showers, I'll feel better too and can start packing bags (diaper bag, hospital bag, labor bag, etc...). I already have most of our documents typed up, just need to review birth plan with my doctor and then put it all together for Matt and my sister. I'm getting a little nervous about breastfeeding because I have no clue what I'm doing. I'm debating whether or not to take the breastfeeding class at the hospital. I just contacted the 2 local La Leche groups in my area but, of course, I already missed the March meetings, April is bananas and Baby G will be here in May!

Deep breaths, I know it'll all work out. It's just overwhelming at times!

*We got invited to a wedding June 2. Matt really wants to go. I keep telling him that we'll have a 1-3 week old baby but he doesn't get it! I told him if he wanted to go then he could but there was no way that I would feel ready to i.e. I'd have to pump while at the wedding/reception, I'd have to stock pile milk before (and that's not very much time) and I'm not sure I'll be ready to leave my baby at that time!

Okay, I think that's all the random thoughts for now. I'm going to paint birds that will be book ends and then Matt and I are sharing a birthday dinner at his mom's house tonight. Hope you all had a good weekend!

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

Could you take the baby with you to the wedding? That's what I would do. At one week postpartum, I wouldn't have wanted to go, but at 2 or 3 weeks, I would have enjoyed it. And especially since you don't drink anyway, the baby won't get in the way of partying at the reception. :) It would just be a matter of if you want ppl trying to hold the baby that early. I'd just wear the baby the whole time so I didn't have to worry about it but I don't know if you are planning to babywear. Just a thought! :)

Krystie said...

I agree with Kristal. Really, there is no telling how you're going to feel that early on, but in the end you might be craving a night out in adultland. As for sleep? I'm right there with ya sista. Hot showers, back rubs from my husband, a new body pillow and a lot of hope.

Slamdunk said...

Glad to hear that you and everyone there are doing well. Sounds like you are dealing with the challenges the best you can. Hang in there mom.