Sunday, March 4, 2012

My First Shower!!!

...I had my first shower today and I was shocked! I'd been out of town all last week at conference, had yesterday off and had to work today. I had scheduled a staff meeting to touch base with them about everything while I'm going to be gone. After the meeting was over, the front desk calls me to tell me there's a "broken window" in one of the rooms. Ugh...I head down there and saw this:
How awesome are they!!! The funny thing is that last night, my sister called me to tell me I'd registered for 2 pack-n-plays. Oops! I got online to fix it and saw someone had bought something off our registry. I was sooo excited! I knew shower invitations had just been sent out so I figured someone was just really on top of their game.
In these baskets were mints, one said, "It's a boy!" and the other said, "It's a girl!"
They were supposed to pick what they thought the baby would be. As you can tell from the picture, the majority choice was boy. Only four (on the right with the pink/green bag) thought girl, everyone to the left of the blue bag thought boy.
Look at this awesome cake!!! One of the ladies MADE and decorated it herself!!! I asked if I could take a piece of chocolate cake home to Matt and she cut the most ginormous piece of cake I've seen. I guarantee it'll be gone before Monday morning.
Here I am with all the girls and yes, I'm wearing a staff shirt.
Thank you ladies for the great shower and gifts! Now I know how to get you all to come to a staff meeting. :)

3 comments :

Julie said...

Yay showers are fun!!

Liz said...

Awww that's so sweet! Love that cake!

Krystie said...

How sweet of your co-workers!