Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Easter...at our house!!!

...this past Saturday, I hosted Easter at our house for my dad's side of the family. I say I because Matt was driving a float in the local St. Patrick's Day Parade for his work. To say we didn't coordinate schedules well this week would be a bit of an understatement as I had to work Saturday morning, Matt had the parade so my MIL had to be at our house at 5:45AM! Everything ended up working out so no worries though. Oh and the reason we did it early was because I was supposed to work Easter weekend but now I'm off-yah!!!
 
I made a ham, macaroni corn casserole and green bean casserole. Everyone RAVED about the ham and let me tell you how "hard" it was. I put 1.5 cups of brown sugar on the bottom of the crockpot then an 8 pound ham and rubbed half a cup of brown sugar all over it. Then I put it on low for about 7 hours and it was pure yumminess! Oh and 8 pounds made a lot because Matt and I are still eating off it. The rest of the menu...my grandma brought deviled eggs, ribs and tea; my sister brought hashbrown casserole and made 2 delicious desserts with Girl Scout cookies-yummy and Haley made Pasta House salad. The food was sooo good!
 
My MIL stayed long enough for me to make my casseroles and once my sister got there, she took over heating up all the dishes. It worked out nicely because someone is teething (top 2 teethers) so literally she would be laughing one moment and then crying the next and she only wanted momma. She was content with Papa and her Cheerios though!
DSC_2066
We also had an egg hunt out front. As you can see, Papa and AR were smart and stayed inside to watch. 
DSC_2072
My sis, H and Papa
DSC_2079
Matt finally made it home in time to visit with my family before they had to leave
DSC_2081
H hamming it up for the camera
DSC_2085
It was a good time and easy clean-up since we used disposable cups and plates. :-) 

2 comments :

Cecilia said...

Dang, girl! You were busy. I may see about doing Easter with the families a bit early so we can do our own thing the actual day.

Unknown said...

That food sounds so good right now! Happy Early Easter!