Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Garden...good and bad...

...Update on our Garden...there's good news and then there's not so good news. The good news is so far we've enjoyed two salads and a bite of broccoli from the garden. The bite leads to the bad news. Turns out we don't really get enough sunlight in our backyard due to all the trees that AREN'T on our property so probably not much else is going to turn out. I can't even tell you how bummed I am. We might have a couple of things here and there but I was told to not get my hopes up. I asked Matt if there was anything we could do like artificial light and he looked at me like I was crazy so I guess we'll be hanging out at the farmer's market this summere.

Here is a picture of Matt tasting the lettace before cutting us some for our salads. The salads were delicious!!!

2 comments :

Angie said...

Ugh that sucks! Is there nowhere on your property where you get full sun all day? What a letdown. Sometimes I trim my neighbors tree a little when it extends onto my property, but I can only get the low branches.

Cecilia said...

What a huge bummer. I'm sorry! Nothing beats a salad from your own garden though.