Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of July Awesomeness Courtesy of Cash Cowan...

...I hope you all had an awesome Fourth of July! I got a much needed break from work and lots of friend time along with some awesome eats. On Sunday, Jen AKA Cash Cowan, opened her house to use for her Annual Fourth of July Awesomeness Party complete with Jello shots!!!
Let me tell you I did a number on those! Jen is such a good friend that she made some non-alcoholic ones for her prego friend and her non-drinking buddy me. Thanks Jen! There was soo much food and I was too busy stuffing my face to take any pictures of it but we had Oreo Truffles, Smiley Face cookies, dips and chips, burgers and brats and a ton of brocoli salad....unfortunately due to a faulty lid, one batch met its fate on Jen's kitchen floor BUT the party went on!!! Here's a pic of the Twit ladies: (L to R): Jenn, Cece, me and Jen
The darling hubby and I who was all nervous because he wouldn't know anyone but I had to PRY away from the party knowing he had to be up at 4am on Monday:
Cece with her handsome son Danny who was awesome. The kid got to hang out in Mr. Cash Cowan's Man Cave and we barely noticed he was there. During the fireworks, he just sat on his momma's lap and was good to go!
Fire in the sky!!!
How we spent most of the fireworks display, staring into the sky...at some points, I did fear for my life just a tiny little bit!
The team of Pyros! Thanks for letting Matt and Danny join you guys.
Here's Jen, Julie and I post fireworks display...Julie will be a married woman next time I see her!
Cece and me...thanks for letting me borrow your chair vs sitting on the crowd since hubs' forgot ours!
It was a great way to celebrate the holiday and always a fun time to hang out with friends! The only downside to the night is that when we got home, poor Emma was too terrified to go outside to potty with all the fireworks going off. I settled in to watch "Titanic" and stayed up until midnight when the fireworks stopped and she FINALLY went out! The things we do for our puppers!!!

2 comments :

Meredith said...

I love me some Jello shots...but MAN they can be dangerous! I seem to forget how much alcohol is in them!

Slamdunk said...

Sounds like lots of fun, though I would be nervous around those excited pyros.

I would be with you in consuming the "unleaded" shots as well.