Thursday, July 14, 2011

Thursday Tidbits...

...random thoughts for a random Thursday!

*While I love a good book, I hate finishing it because I hate finding a new one. I mean I'm loving the characters and the plot and then its done and I have to start all over again. What are your thoughts on this?

*I went an entire week without running and I'm paying for it. I suggest to NOT do this if you want to keep up your cardio and speed...just saying.

*I don't live in the town where I grew up. I sometimes miss going to the store and seeing at least 3 people you know, getting hugs from my friend's parents as a hello and knowing everyone around town. It kind of makes me sad that up here, it's like a big deal if I see someone at the store that I know and even then its usually someone that comes into my work and its just a polite nod.

*Matt dropped chocolate syrup on Shadow's head and didn't clean it up. It got hard and sticky so I cut it out, yeah...the hair on his head is patchy. Matt said, "All you had to do was get a wet towel and clean it off?" I gave him the evil eye.

*I am totally loving CLIF Mojo bars!!! It's like perfect for me...pretzels, chocolate, peanut butter...and probably some other stuff that's good for you. They're dangerous though because I could eat like 10 in one setting. What's your favorite "healthy" snack?

OH! And here's the before picture from Biggest Winner, taken April 27:
I think that's all the tidbits I have for now! Matt's planning us a date this weekend...I'm interested to see what he's got planned for us...any suggestions?

4 comments :

Sarah said...

First, you look great!

Second, have you read The Uglies? It reminds me a lot of Hunger Games. Just in case you want some new characters to get caught up in. I'm not finished with it, but I'm really enjoying it so far.

Amanda @ It's Blogworthy said...

Do you ever think you see someone you know from your old town? I do that all the time and do double takes!

Slamdunk said...

Hang in there Matt. I am still catching flack for dropping a milk jug in the kitchen, having it explode, and then thinking I got it all cleaned up--until the sunlight reveals another missed spot on the ceiling. Argh.

Mary said...

Looking great, Alyssa! You should be proud of coming so close to winning!

I don't know how healthy they are, but I've been eating those new Fiber One brownies. They are small, but pretty tasty.