Sunday, March 21, 2010

To The Land of Brad Pitt...

...all you Missouri bloggers know this but did you know that Brad Pitt is from Springfield, MO? That's where we went yesterday to visit our friend Beth! I've known Beth since 7th grade when we had band class together and she sent me a note with her split ends. I love her!

Anyways, what's a trip to Springfield without Bass Pro Shop (and this is also the only place I remembered to take out my camera-oops!)? Here's Mattie on a pink 4-wheeler...in all honesty, I think he really wanted it!

They had a real life alligator or crocodile there!
These are alligator gahr and these things were HUGE!!! Like longer than my whole 5'4 body.

Matt taking out the big grizzly bear!
After Bass Pro, we headed to Fox and the Hound to play some pool. Waitress not so good, good times with friends playing pool and watching basketball, very good. My good friend, and prom date, from elementary school came out with his fiancee. We figured it out and it had been 8 years since we'd seen each other-wow!?! It was funny though because he's a local DJ but Beth and her boyfriend didn't know. When it was mentioned they were like, "Wait...you're Mike the Intern? OH!!!"
We headed back to Beth's apartment in the sleet and yucky weather. Matt started to freak out that he might get called in to work so at midnight we packed everything up and headed back to the STL. It was 4am when we got home. Now it's Sunday at noon and my hub is still in bed. It was a fun, whirlwind like you wouldn't believe trip but good times as always!

6 comments :

Amanda @ It's Blogworthy said...

I mentioned that my friend Jody lives in Springfield, I think. When she first moved there, one of the first things she did was stalk Brad Pitt. :) I've heard tales of this Bass Pro Shop...it looks AMAZING!

Kyla @ The Simpsons said...

I'm completely loving the pink fourwheeler!!! haha

The snow is unbelievable, I'm in NW Arkansas and I've heard that we have anywhere between 9-12 inches! SHEEEESH!

Angie said...

yay for good times with old friends!

Jen said...

Is that Bass Pro bigger than the one in St. Charles?

I've never been, but it looks like a zoo!

Krystie said...

I'm pretty sure I asked for a pink 4 wheeler when I was 7. I never got it! But matt sitting on that little gem reminds me I need to ask again. ;)

Vee said...

Oh man, my husband is in heaven at Bass Pro. He used to work for Gander Mountain for awhile, and he rarely came home with the money he made!