Sunday, April 24, 2011

An Egg Kind of Day...

...Happy Easter everyone ! Despite the nasty weather, I hope everyone was able to celebrate today with your loved ones and really enjoy the real, true meaning for the holiday. Matt and I were able to attend Maundy Thursday service at his church last week and I wanted to share a funny story about the service.

During the Living Last Supper, each disciple got up and said what he was thinking during the supper. Jesus told them that one of them would betray Him so at the end of each of their monologues, the disciple would look at Jesus and ask, "Is it I?" Now my husband is a real stickler at church as in no talking what so ever, not even to ask a question. So after about the 4th disciple, I looked over at him and whispered, "Who do you think it is?" Even my straight and narrow, by the books husband couldn't help but break a smile.

Anyways, we had a great holiday weekend and I would say a pretty awesome Lent season. I was very happy to indulge in some hashbrown casserole today though. Today marks the end of Lent but it also starts National Infertility Awareness Week (NIAW). How appropriate both Easter and NIAW are somewhat revolved around eggs!

 I know I've vowed to not bring infertility to this blog other than how it affects my daily life but I wanted to bring awareness to it. This week, I will share a fact about infertility in hopes that someone out there will learn more about it.

As always, I'm pretty open about our journey so if you have any questions, feel free to ask away. I strongly believe that part of the reason that God has put me on this path of infertility is to bring awareness about it and to help others in similiar positions. Romans 8:28

So today's NIAW Fact:

Infertility is defined as the inability to conceive after one year of unprotected intercourse (six months if the woman is over age 35) or the inability to carry a pregnancy to live birth. (Fact from here.)

While this is the definition don't let it define you. Be in touch with your body, know what's "normal" for you and what's not and look at your medical history! Matt and I, both under 30, knew something was wrong after 3 months of TTC. Luckily, I was in touch with our medical history enough to know something was up. At "only" 6 months of trying, we found out that IVF was our only way to have a child of our own. Today marks 1 year, 6 months, 1 week and 6 days since we started TTC.

Know the facts but also KNOW YOU!

2 comments :

Stephany said...

Happy Easter, Alyssa!

I love that you're going to share a fact about infertility this week! I know a little about infertility as I read a fair share of infertility blogs, but it'll be interesting to read more!

Angie said...

glad you got your hashbrowns!!!!! And that you are sharing a fact about infertility :)