Monday, April 25, 2011

Family Fun=Egg Dying Party!!!

...Whew! What a crazy, whirlwind trip (as always) to Cape this weekend! We got down there about 6ish on Friday night, just in time to miss traveling down I-55 before any storms hit. We had a quick dinner at my mom's then the storms hit and they hit hard! My SIL, who lives a street away from us, called to check in with us and let us know that she didn't see our house flying by.

It sounds like our area only got rain and strong winds but a lot of people were affected by the tornadoes in the STL area. My hearts and prayers go out to them and I'm sure they'd appreciate any prayers you can spare. For those bloggie friends across the US that checked in on me, I really appreciate your kind thoughts. Now back to Easter weekend...

Saturday Mattie cut up trees at my mom's house and I got an awesome video on her camera only to find out she's lost the cords to upload the pics. :( While Matt worked in the yard, she and I got ready for my upcoming Singer Sewing Party (another post on that later!). After a busy, busy day and a delicious dinner, we headed over to my dad's for the Annual Egg Dying Party. Please let me share with you some of our handiwork:
We were all sorts of fancy this year breaking out the GLITTER!

The annual watermelon egg

H & I with our favorite eggs

As you can tell, our family takes egg dying VERY serious. Here's Matt and my dad is DEEP concentration

Then on Easter morning, Grandma and I turned the dyed eggs into deviled eggs-yum!

We started with 3 dozen and only lost 4-two to tummies, one to the floor and the other I have no idea.

So there you have it, the Hfield Annual Egg Dying Party! My dad informed me on Easter morning that the Easter Bunny left him a note saying the egg hunt was cancelled due to inclement weather. :( Oh well-fun was still had by all!

NIAW Fact:
Infertility affects 7.3 million people in the U.S. This figure represents 12% of women of childbearing age, or 1 in 8 couples. (2002 National Survey of Family Growth) (Fact from here.)

7 comments :

Mrs. Dirnberger said...

You had some GREAT looking eggs....ours were soooo boring compared to yours..hehe

Christy Duffy said...

Man, y'all are hard-core eye dyers! Nice job! I'm definitely going to try the watermelon egg next year. :-)

Stephany said...

Ha, oh my gosh. Your eggs are awesome! I think the most fancy I got was dipping one side in one dye and another side in a different dye, lol.

Sounds like fun and I'm glad you weren't affected too badly by the tornadoes!

Angie said...

Love the eggs! We didn't have time to dye any this year but it was really fun to watch Aaron play with the glitter last year lol

Julie said...

I totally need to dye eggs again someday, ha! They look cute :)

Adie said...

You look so thin!!

Hilary said...

That infertility statistic is crazy! Go you for being so involved in awareness week! :-)