Sunday, August 18, 2013

Last OBX Post...I Promise!!!

...this is a mish mash post of mainly cell phone pics I forgot about! One day we were there, I made an Oreo Bomb (thanks Pinterest!). It tasted a lot like Dirt Cake. AR wanted to help bake. Don't worry, we didn't show anyone these pics until AFTER they ate a piece.
 
Here's AR dipping an Oreo in the Cool Whip
6
 What good cook doesn't taste test?
5
On Thursday, we decided we needed to use up all the food we'd bought. While my sis and I were busy making cookies and brownies, AR reached over and started chomping away on a tomato. She ate almost the whole entire thing!
2
There's a fabulous donut place called Duck Donuts. My sis went one morning to get them and the wait was an hour! We called our order in for the next day and didn't have to wait in line. Here's AR feeding H a donut.
4
This is what I mean when she'd stroll off to the water
12
Boy did she get made whenever I'd hold her hand in the ocean. She wanted to be Miss Independent!
13
It didn't matter, she loved the water no matter how high it got on her or how cold it was.
14
Here's AR digging and H shelling early on the beach one morning
15
AR was hamming it up when I was taking pics at the lighthouse
1
Then she'd randomly attack me while I was laying down taking pictures! Silly AR!
photo
So we had to stop at Wal-Mart and buy an extra suitcase on the way back because we'd bought so many souvenirs and found so many shells. We were almost the only ones there. Here's AR pulling the suitcase to the register.
18
We had a lot of time between flights. My sis likes to think AR was practicing pole dancing i this picture...her daddy didn't think it was funny. 
19
It was a long trip but it was definitely nice to get away and just chill. It was awesome to see AR experience even more firsts for her. Thanks Papa for taking us and thanks Sha for all the planning! Until next time...

3 comments :

Julie said...

I'm dying to go to the Outer Banks - my stepmom was going to plan a big vacay there but never did. Maybe I'll just have to go without them ;)

Meg @ Meg-in-Training said...

Love it. I hope we can go to the beach with C someday!

Sara McCarty said...

I can't believe how big she looks in these photos. Such a little girl and no longer a baby! When did our babies grow up?! Make it stop!!