Sunday, August 4, 2013

Back from Vacay!!!

...AR and I got back yesterday from Outer Banks, NC after one week of vacay with my dad, grandma, sis, H and a few other peeps. It was a fun week and I loved watching AR at the beach for the first time and getting some sun.
 
I would love to say it was relaxing but my girl has FOUR teeth coming in including 2 molars. Her sleep was AWFUL as in I was up with her one night from 11:30-1:30am, luckily, "Mrs. Doubtfire" was on so that helped past the time and she was up at 4am almost EVERY day. WTH? The week before, she was sleeping in until almost 6! And, she was a SUPER momma's girl, meaning no one else could carry her or hold her. It was REALLY hard to carry a 25 lb baby plus a bag of beach gear and myself to the beach. But it was worth it to see her excitement and I swear she could've played in the sand forever! Here she her first walk on the beach:
DSC_4181
I only took 200 pics the whole time we were there. I was worried about carrying it while holding her and messing it up at the beach. Luckily, I get one free camera cleaning a year so I'll be dropping that off this week to be cleaned. I wish I'd taken more pictures especially of scenery, sunsets, etc...to practice my camera skills but I do think I got a few good ones. These are just some "family" shots and I'll have a lot more blog posts in the next few days.
 
Here's my Dad, AR and me on the last day at the beach
DSC_4690
Papa and his girls
DSC_4695
My sis and H
DSC_4665
H is a great model and always willing to play along when I want to play photographer
DSC_4667
My sis, dad and me
DSC_4676
My sis, H and Papa
DSC_4679
Thanks for taking us, Dad! More posts to come. :-)

4 comments :

Slamdunk said...

Welcome back and I love those nice beaches. We stay in the northern part, Corolla, is that close to where you all enjoyed yourself?

Looking forward to more smiling pics.

Julie said...

I have the Outer Banks on my to-do list one day. That list keeps growing!

Unknown said...

Awww! How fun! Sorry about the sleep issues... must have been the location.

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

The beach looks like so much fun!