Thursday, May 15, 2014

California Kitchenware Silicone Cupcake Baking Molds...

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

The big Ms. Pacman party is just around the corner! I'll let you in on one of the things I'm doing. Surprise-I'm making cupcakes! More specifically, I'm making pac-dots! All I need is white cupcake wrappers, white frosting, and a cake mix.

First off, let me tell you how much I hate paper cupcake wrappers...sometimes the paper gets stuff on the cupcake or you lose valuable frosting on the wrapper. For this reason alone, I have eliminated using cupcake wrappers over the years. I came across California Kitchenware Silicone Cupcake Baking Molds so I decided to try them out. They're individual molds and you just put them on a cookie sheet.

Last night, I decided I'm better try out the silicone molds instead of waiting for the day of the party. The making of the batter was pretty disastrous as Daddy decided to boil eggs right where I was mixing and some little girl started cracking eggs like they were going out of style-whew, it was a pretty stressful few moments for Mommy! Alas, I digress...AR was a very patient little girl repeatedly requesting "A bite, Momney, a bite!" while I tried to tell her "No, baby, we can't eat raw eggs. Let's eat peas instead and we'll have them when they come out of the oven."

I feared I'd be smelling burnt rubber and kept flicking the light on in the oven to check on them. They actually turned out pretty awesome, even cooked and fluffy!

Once they'd cooled and I iced them. I set one, mold and all, on a bowl in front of AR. She easily plucked off the mold and the cupcake slid out easily, in one piece, and looked absolutely perfect! She admired the perfect cupcake then went to town on eating...just the top with the frosting then "All done" once the frosting was gone in her belly or all over her face.

Definitely two thumbs up for this product! I can't wait to bake more pac-dots for the party. You can find them on Amazon here. 

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments :