Monday, November 22, 2010

St. Jude 5k Walk of Thanks...

...this past Saturday, Jen, Aimee, Maggie, her husband Steve and my running husband Trent all headed down to the Mills Mall for the St. Jude 5k Walk of Thanks. Here is Mandy Murphy from Fox 2 News thanking the sponsors. I had no idea who she was-oops! I'm a channel 4 gal.
Here's the team in action! Sorry so blurring, I was walking backwards and taking this picture.

Did you know they sold Proactiv from vending machines???

The whole team of Runners 4 Luke (L to R): Jen, Aimee, Trent, Me, Maggie and Steve


Thanks for supporting Luke! I love getting awareness out there about his story and drunk driving. The race was a little...chaotic? It started late and they said three times around was a 5k when it was actually 4. Trent pushed me, he just doesn't get it that his legs are twice as long as mine!!! It was a fun morning with friends and then I went home and took a nap. Being a mall walker, really wore me out!!!

4 comments :

Julie said...

Looks like you all had fun :) Good to know that if I walk the Mills 4 times, I did a 5k :)

Slamdunk said...

Good cause.

And you should be boasting about that coordination--if I tried to walk backward and take a picture, the result would be a sky shot.

Stephany said...

Walks with friends are fun! And it looks like you guys had a great time. :)

Jen said...

It was fun thanks for inviting me. These photos confirm I am about an inch due for a haircut!

I'm now doing a 5k on Thanksgiving morning....what have I gotten myself into???