Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Southwest Pasta Skillet...

...first off, I hope you all had a great Memorial Day! Thank you to all our troops and soliders who fight and put their lives on the line daily.

Now on to this delicious recipe. Thank you Jen for bringing Philadelphia Cooking Creme into my life! I LOVE this stuff! Is it healthy? Not really but it's so good and curbs my craving to eat out so I'll take that esp on a Friday or Saturday night. I tried out another recipe, this time using the Santa Fe Blend Cooking Creme-OMG! This one is definitely my fave! Now without more blabbing, here's the recipe. Seriously, print this recipe out and make it TONIGHT!

Ingredients:

1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
1/2 cup chopped green peppers
1 can (14.5 ounces) no salt-added diced tomatoes, drained
1 pkg (10 ounces) frozen corn
1 tub (10 ounces) Philadelphia Santa Fe Blend Cooking Creme
2 cups hot cooked rotini pasta
1 cup Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese, divided in 1/2 cups

Directions:
*Cook and stir chicken & peppers in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat 6-7 minutes or until chicken is done. Add tomatoes, corn and cooking creme; cook and stir 3 minutes.
*Add pasta and 1/2 cup shredded cheese; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
*Top with remaining shredded cheese. Remove from heat. Cover; let stand until cheese is melted.

The sauce thicken upon standing.
I used the Tyson pre-cooked grilled chicken strips-worked perfectly! Instead of topping the whole thing with cheese at the end, we just put what we wanted on our own serving. And the green peppers? They added the perfect little crunch to the dish. I only used half of a green bell pepper because the other half isn't a huge fan of them but we could have probably used a little more.

I was seriously licking my bowl it was soooooo good!!! And it made a TON! Definitely an easy dish you could make and have another couple, or your parents or in-laws, over to enjoy as well. OH! And you don't dirty very many dishes either which is always a good thing in my book!

1 comment :

Slamdunk said...

That looks fantastic.

I think we could eat pasta 7 days a week--just changing the stuff mixed in with it.