Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Katie's 30th Birthday!!!

...this past Saturday, Matt and I headed out to Babler State Park to celebrate my good friend Katie's 30th birthday. It was awesome to see her and her hubby Kevin. Last summer, Katie and I saw a lot of each other but unfortunately, we've hardly seen each other at all this year. Her and her hubs are moving back to the city so hopefully we'll have more opportunities to see each other.

Here's Katie with her awesome cake from McArthur's:
Kevin forgot candles so he improvised with matches!
The kids went swimming and played football. There was a boulder wall and this is about as high as I made it:
Mattie made it to the top and was checking out the other side:
Me with the Birthday Girl!

Geez, we've been friends since way back in high school and although we may not see each other often, we always pick up where we left off which to me is the true definition of friendship. Happy birthday Katie! May the next 30 years be amazing.

1 comment :

Slamdunk said...

That cake looks great.

At a park near us, there is a small climbing wall like that--proud to say that I have reached the summit as well. Haha.