Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Wagon...

...well, here we are in August. I've been trying to workout and lose weight since January 1 but I have to be honest in saying that I didn't really get committed until March. I started "officially" weighing myself in March with the Wellness Mobile that comes to my work once a month. Here are some stats:

March 23, 2011
Pulse 61
Blood Pressure 111/73

August 3, 2011
Pulse 52
Blood Pressure 127/74

Change in weight from March 23-August 3: -20.6 pounds
Change in BMI from March 23-August 3: -3.4

Great, right? Ugh...it would be except that I see myself falling off the wagon in s...l...o...w....motion. I trained until the early part of June for Hospital Hill then I continued on with trying to win the Biggest Winner and after the Biggest Winner ended...well, so did my motivation. What can I say? I need a goal in sight to keep me on task!

I slacked on my eating and my working out and now I'm paying for it. I enjoyed too much ice cream, too many days on the couch and not enough on the treadmill and now I'm beating myself up over it. Some days, I would just eat to eat even though nothing sounded good and that's when I realized as I was sucking down Twizzlers for the sake of eating that I was teetering over the edge of the wagon and I needed to get back in.

So here I am bloggie friends, pledging my allegiance to you that I WILL get back on the wagon. I may not be training for a marathon or trying to win a weight loss contest but for me, for my health, I am pledging to get back on the wagon! I still may have a couple cheat days here or there (although I made Matt promise me no more ice cream for the rest of August-tear!) but only when I have made up the calories for it. I am looking good and feeling good and I want to keep it up so back on the wagon we go! I am putting this in writing because if I put it out there, I know you all will keep me accountable, right?

5 comments :

Christy Duffy said...

This is only a bump in the road. Give yourself a pat on the back for all you've already accomplished, take a deep breath, and keep going. Praying for you today!

Meredith said...

You have accomplished a ton! What about signing up for a few (shorter) races here and there to give you some things to look forward to?

Newlymeds said...

You can do it!! I agree be proud of what you have accomplished!

Hilary said...

With all this party/house stuff, I haven't been to the gym in months!! I know Josh probably thinks I'm just being lazy & wasting his $$, but maybe he'll understand after this weekend. I feel fluffy & soft, though. I hate it!!

Stephany said...

Girlfriend, I am right there with you. Although I have not lost 20 pounds. I'm struggling to keep at a 5 pound weight loss for the year. Yeah.

We can do this! We can be our own motivators and support systems! Woo!