Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Heebie Jeebies...

...so I've posted about how I'm trying to swim 10 miles before the end of the year, right? So yesterday, I'm swimming when the lifeguard looks at me and tells me to get out of the pool. I'm climbing up the ladder and I ask what's wrong. He replies, "I think it's a snake!" I jumped the last two steps out and get the heebie jeebies. Sure enough in the lane beside me is about a 6-inch snake swimming back and forth. Thankfully Tuesdays are my walking days with Sarah so I said I'm done with swimming for today. Ew! Ew! Ew!!! I hope he's not back there when I go today.

Thanks for all the advice with the truck purchase. I'll have an update tomorrow about the truck and our house in general. When it rains, it pours...

3 comments :

Angie said...

This is an indoor pool no? How weird a snake got in there!
Good for you for swimmng tho. No one is gonn see me in a suit for a long time!

Mary said...

SERIOUSLY????? Snakes on land are scary enough, but there's something so unsettling and unnatural about them swimming.

Cara S. said...

Oh my WORD....I would be terribly scarred for life I think...or maybe at least from that particular pool...