Monday, October 6, 2014

Homosassa State Park...

...Friday at Nanny's, the day started off with making lasagna! Here's AR and David helping Nanny with the meal.

We headed to Homosassa State Park, a place we visit every time we're down there. AR really enjoyed it this year as she's just more aware of her surroundings. Here's the fake alligator that wasn't too sure of...

Through my writing venture, I've made a great friend with another author, K.S. Thomas, who lives in Florida. Her, her mom, and her daughter drove up to hang out with us for the day. AR was so excited to see her daughter and the two were besties within thirty seconds of meeting each other.

We watched the manatees being fed and I snagged this great shot.

Here are the girls, love this shot! It was sooo hot but it was nice and cool in the underwater viewing deck.

Nanny, AR, and me in front of the sign...we have to get this pic every time we go!

After a few hours at the park, we headed back to Nanny's and enjoyed a late lunch/early dinner of lasagna and some delicious chocolately dessert I requested because I knew through our many conversations that K.S. is a fan which must be why we get along so well despite my dislike for coffee. Here we are looking so hip and with it...in front of Nanny's quilted wall hanging...:-/ So glad we got to meet up! She's just as awesome in person as she is in our writing group and now I have two autographed copies of her books, my name is even in one! Hopefully we can meet up more often. We're trying to locate a Hastings we can chill at so if anyone knows where there's still one open, let me know.

After a long, hot day with manatees, new friends, chocolate, and more swimming, AR took as nice long bubble bath!

No comments :