Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thursday Tidbits...

...the random thoughts in my head today are:

*I started reading "The Encyclopedia of the Oridinary Life." I'm not 100% following the format, it seems kind of like short tidbits and not really a story line but I'm going to keep on keeping on and see what I can make of it. One thing that's cool those is that the author, Amy Rosenthal was on the Bozo Show when she was younger and got to play the Grand Prize Game (I was yelling it out in my head like they do on the show as I typed that) which is flippin' awesome! I always sent in my postcard to be the at-home contestant but I never got picked-boo. What ever happened to Bozo or do I even want to know? Google search for later.

*I am off work tomorrow then I work Saturday, Sunday and Monday then I'm off Tuesday-Sunday. I'm so flippin' excited!!!! No, I don't have anything planned for all that time off except to not be at work!

*On Top Chef last night Eli got eliminated. I didn't really feel one way or the other about him but I'm glad to see that Jenn is doing better; however, I think she's probably going to be the next to go. Kevin pulled another win-go him!!!

*I ordered our Christmas cards from http://www.seehere.com/ I'm not 100% pleased with them, their website was kind of difficult to use without very much instruction but I had a coupon for 50 free cards so I haven't lost anything. I figure if I get them and I don't like them then I'll buy ones from Wal-Green's or something. I did realize that Matt and I haven't taken any good pictures together in the last year so I had to steal a pic from 2008-oops!

*Johnny Depp is the sexiest man alive, I beg to differ.

*I made a huge pot of chili last night. We'll be eating chili for the next 3 days.

I got interrupted writing this post so I lost my train of thought so I'm just going to finish now.
Happy Thursday!

***
Addition to original post:

*Not happy with ANTM winner, I thought Laura should have. I really think Nicole looked better in photos but I think it was just Laura's personality and Nicole's lack of that made me root for Laura.

*I think I can officially announce the secret that Candace and I had...she's prego!!! Yah!!! It was fun and a privilege to know so early in her pregnancy. I'll post more about it next week but yesterday she got to hear the heartbeat so her Facebook status was 142. I read it scratching my head then I replied with my initiation number for our sorority assuming that was hers but not sure why she posted it. Then another sister did it then another-it was really funny (probably one of those you had to be there) then I finally talked to her and she told me what it meant...the heartbeat was 142!

3 comments :

Meredith said...

Man, I missed Top Chef last night! I'll have to watch it on the DVR later. Oh well--I don't really care if Eli is gone. I think I liked him the least of who was left.

Mary said...

It seems like the final four on Top Chef has been preordained since the very beginning. Although I'm rooting for Kevin, I'd be happy with any of them winning except for Michael-he's an ass.

I loved Laura and Nicole, but think in the end, Nicole is more of a "real" model. Hopefully they will both go on to be successful like all the past winners and runners-up...oh well, at least it's fun to watch!

Cecilia said...

I do not think Johnny Dippy Do is the sexiest man either. Ew. Double ew.