Wednesday, September 18, 2013

A Blogger Dinner!!!

...Last night, we had another Blogger Dinner. My very first one was back in May 2009 when I had first started blogging. Ever since then, my primary group of friends have become bloggers! We had a dinner last month with this group of bloggers and since I bought a maxi dress to fit in, I requested that we do another one (although I didn't wear it but I did wear a dress!).

We met at Canyon Cafe and I enjoyed some delicious chicken tacos! I'm so proud of myself because I didn't have one single chip & dip-go me and yah for sticking to the diet! It was about a 40 minute drive so Meg and I carpooled together. Here's a picture of the beautiful bloggers:
bloggers
From left to right...
Dacy-She isn't from STL but moved here with her now-husband. They got married in their backyard and had Pappy's at their reception. Dacy is a fashionista and actually runs her business being a personal stylist!
 
Linz-She is a fitness buff, a Mizzou fan and 4th grade teacher! I really got to talk to her a lot at the dinner last month and just complained to her this month how much my legs are killing me from running-sorry for the complaints, Linz!
 
Sara-Sara is actually the one that put this all together-thanks Sara! Sara also has a little boy who is exactly 2 days younger than AR. As we were leaving the hospital, Sara was actually coming in to have Baby Mac! She also informed us all about ick fish and how her feeessshhh are reproducing.
 
Meg-Meg and I actually used to work together but now she gets to take her sweet baby girl to work with her-lucky! She's an inspiration and totally puts all my excuses of not working out to shame. She's also running the Hot Chocolate 5k in December!
 
Liz S.-Liz is awesome! I've gotten to know her over the past 16 months or so since her son and AR are about 2 weeks apart. She has a pretty awesome job...she gets paid to run blogging campaigns. She's always full of tips and recently announced that she's prego with baby #2! She told some of us back in July so I'm glad she announced so I don't have to worry about saying anything. :-)
 
Liz-This Liz is our token Illinois girl being that she's the only one from the other side of the river. She runs her own business and in college, she gave brewery tours at Anheuser Busch!
 
Jessica-Jessica sat next to me and she sounds like she's very, VERY busy! She works as an event coordinator by day and wedding coordinator by weekend. She also just bought a house and is busy planning a housewarming party!
 
Lastly, there's me...in a dress, not a maxi dress, but a dress and also with yellow stained fingers from tye-dying at work yesterday.

It was an evening of great food, great friends and lots and LOTS of chatter! Maybe next time, we should do an adults only zoo date where we just ride the train all day with Sara's special drink?

5 comments :

Liz said...

Yay! What a great dinner! So much fun and can't wait for the next one.

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

Great wrap up! I had so much fun meeting all these beautiful local bloggers. Can't wait until the next one!

Emily said...

This sounds like it was a whole lot of fun! Very cool that you ladies get together so often!

Itz Linz said...

SO FUN! Always love seeing you! (I can say that now that itz been two times, right?? haha) Seriously, you are freakin' hilarious! I love your husband stories, I love your AR stories, and I love how open you are about your life. :) :) xo

dacy said...

what sweet summaries of all of us Alyssa, you have a great memory! so much fun!