Friday, January 31, 2014

"Second Time's the Charm" Book Review...

...I was thrilled when Melissa Keir asked me to read another one of her books! "Second Time's the Charm" is the first book in a series so I sped through this short story so I could find out what happens next.




Summary
A middle aged divorcee with two children must find her way back to love after a devastating divorce leaves her with no self confidence in herself or even in love. Lissa's ex-husband has shredded her self esteem, so she has thrown herself into her children and job. An emergency life threatening illness of her best friend's son puts her on the path to romance. Lissa finds her new love in an unexpected way...introduced by his ex-wife. 

Who knew that first time loves could lead to second chances?

Review
This was a very quick read. It proves that you can find love when you're least looking for it. The real conflict seemed to be Lissa's ex and the grief he gave her for dating again. As a grown "child of divorce," it's important for a parent to move on and be happy which is what Lissa did. A happy mom, makes a happy family, right?  Knowing that this is a series, I think Melissa did a great job laying the ground work for drama to occur in future books in this series. I can't write too much because I'm anxious to get on to the next book "Three's a Crowd!"

1 comment :

Melissa Keir said...

Thank you for reading and reviewing my book. I loved this series so much that I don't know if I can leave them alone.